30 Inch Bruce "JAWS" by Martin Rawle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just got this the today. Very pleased. Will post more pics and do a video review later this week. Martin IMO makes the best Bruce items right now. This piece is limited to 100. He limits the production size so he can do quality paint apps which are easily the best. His Breaching Bruce Bust is still my fav though. I just love that piece so much but this is a close second.

Quick pic... not his final resting place. Thought it would be nice to get a shot of my fav three Monsters.
IMG_2161.jpg

Just got this the today. Very pleased. Will post more pics and do a video review later this week. Martin IMO makes the best Bruce items right now. This piece is limited to 100. He limits the production size so he can do quality paint apps which are easily the best. His Breaching Bruce Bust is still my fav though. I just love that piece so much but this is a close second.

Quick pic... not his final resting place. Thought it would be nice to get a shot of my fav three Monsters.
View attachment 430997

Damn nice collection. I have 1 of those three....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Jaws...How would you say it compares to SCO's 36 inch platform or tow sharks (sculpt, paint, detail, cost, etc.)?

Jaws...How would you say it compares to SCO's 36 inch platform or tow sharks (sculpt, paint, detail, cost, etc.)?

First off, full disclosure, I had a bit of a falling out with Mike Schultz and SCO. I got tired of him calling Martin Rawle a rip off artist and a copycat. Martin's work is different enough that I would not see them as the same thing at all other then they are based on the same shark from the same movie. I firmly believe that competition is good and forces creativity. I let Mike know as much in a very polite way.. He did not like that as he basically feels that he should be the only one making these items I guess. Their response ended up being rude so owning their products is a bit of a drag for me. They still continue to name call when referring to Martin Rawle. Just very immature and bully type behavior.

So with that out of the way..

SCO 36 inch shark is def bigger and is very well done. A nice "at rest" JAWS piece. I feel that the platform shark looks better from higher up shelves eye level or higher. It looks much less impressive from below eye level. SCO Bruce items are in a more relaxed state of rest as if they are being worked on on the dock.

Martin Rawles shark has better detail and MUCH better paint apps. Bruce's scares and patchwork are actually sculpted scares and patchwork, not just scrap marks put into the mold. But it is smaller. However I find it easier to display that way. Martin's sharks have a very "life like" quality to them. Martin;s Bruce is in full on attack mode.

SCO gives the option of buying a wooden display stand I believe at an extra cost but comes with a basic stand if that is what you want. Also comes with three barrels.

Martin's Bruce comes with a clear sturdy plastic stand that inserts into the bottom of the shark. It also comes with three barrels

As for the price. You do get more shark for the price with SCO. Because Martin is located in England it cost more to ship and with the exchange rate it adds up quickly. If you live there then the price would be far cheaper. Both pieces come out to the same price after shipping.

Bruce is a very tricky guy to sculpt as he looks so different all the time. Three different mechanical sharks were used... All a different levels of being water logged. SCO looks like a newer less water logged shark... Martin's looks like later stages of the film.

Martin also sells an excellent Breaching bruce coming out of the water surrounded by his trademark Barrels.

SCO has many bust and different sharks from all 4 JAWS films. He has a full attack Bruce coming (Sounds familiar) and a Breaching Bruce, possibly with barrels, (Sound familiar again)

So which do I prefer?

My fav of all of these is the Breaching Bruce bust by Martin Rawle. It just looks so perfect and feels like it come out of the TV and on to my shelf.

2nd fav is Martins new 30" Bruce. I just like the paint apps, body mass, head sculpt, and sculpted details so much more.

3rd fav is the SCO Bruce but I think I am going to sell that as I am happy with my new 30" Bruce and like I said it is easier to display.

However I look forward to seeing what SCO has to offer. Mike has gone quite over there and has been working on new products. I think the competition has pusher him to be more creative possibly so I am curious to see what Mike the artist has to show. I just don't think I will be buying anything from Mike the person.

Martin Rawle Bruce bust
IMG_1935.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG

Martin Rawle 30" Bruce
44687749_1192497697567313_8414622058566123520_n.jpg
44614924_1192496824234067_8896237374489493504_n.jpg

Pic of SCO Bruce
IMG_1777.JPG

dude , amazing display.

I do not have the cash for a Bruce yet.....but next year its my goal.

Looks great with added Amity signs behind it. Where’d you pick those up? Would love to own one of these some day. I would definitely do the sign thing with it too.

Back