Jacob's Ladder (2019) - Another unnecessary remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That movie really creeped me out when I saw it. Very unsettling.
I can't se how they will improve it, people don't have the patience to let an experience like this unfold nowadays. It's all about shock value and jump scares...

That movie really creeped me out when I saw it. Very unsettling.
I can't se how they will improve it, people don't have the patience to let an experience like this unfold nowadays. It's all about shock value and jump scares...

Agree - movie was disturbing. And it shouldn't be remade IMO. So many great books - even indy authors and fan screen plays that would be ORIGINAL - and remakes are the best Hollywood can do? No wonder box offices are struggling.

The original is really not a horror film but a psychological film based on idea originally explored in the Twilight Zone episode An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

The film explores what happens to the mind and body in the last moments prior to death.

Jacob creates the “demons” he sees in his mind because he is “hanging on” to life rather then letting go and “going home.”

The film uses concepts of “heaven” and “hell” to make these points.

The directors cut has several great scenes that should never have been cut and you can see them on you tube or blu ray.

There was also a book about making the film released in the 90’s explaining the director and screen writer’s take on the film. Great read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The original is really not a horror film but a psychological film based on idea originally explored in the Twilight Zone episode An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

The film explores what happens to the mind and body in the last moments prior to death.

Jacob creates the “demons” he sees in his mind because he is “hanging on” to life rather then letting go and “going home.”

The film uses concepts of “heaven” and “hell” to make these points.

The directors cut has several great scenes that should never have been cut and you can see them on you tube or blu ray.

There was also a book about making the film released in the 90’s explaining the director and screen writer’s take on the film. Great read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Whether physical or metaphysical, the experience was often horrifying for the lead character.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hollywood 2018

Superheroes

Remakes

Pretty much describes the movie industry

Oh and unnecessary sequels

Back