Materials to make superhero glove/gauntlet and upper boot parts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merc

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what to use to make the upper parts of long superhero gloves and boots. It's tough/expensive to find these sorts of parts, so I figure that it would be a lot easier and accurate to make them, but I'm not sure what materials would be best to use.

Thanks!

They make synthetic leather material that is pretty easy to work with and their are tuts online you can find to creating a sewing template it all depends on how much you want to spend on the material. There are real thin soft leather materials u can also buy from your local leather shop or tandyleather.com but they will be harder to deal with as far as sewing goes. I'd recommend you bring the hand with you and go a physical sewing hobby shop so you can color match as best as possible and get a feel for the thickness and texture of the material. That will help greatly.

It all depends on your budget and lvl of skill ^____^ good luck sounds awesome, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Back