Top Gun 2 - 1/6 Maverick?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Link

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone wants Hot Toys or Blitzway to make a 1/6 Maverick?

Tom-Cruise-Riding-Kawasaki-Ninja-H2.jpg

Why are there no official Tom Cruise figures anyway?

Wow I don't know that that ever really occurred to me until now. With Darkness from Legend being such a fan-favorite an armored up Jack to go with him would be cool. Or him all decked out in "Edge of Tomorrow" gear would look awesome on the shelf as well.

Why are there no official Tom Cruise figures anyway? Does he refuse his likeness rights?

He does refuse his likeness. The only official Tom Cruise figure that i know of is the Medicom 1/6 Ghost Protocol Ethan Hunt, but that's it. Not sure how it got made but Medicom definitely fumbled as they tend to so I can imagine Cruise (or his reps) not being interested in trying again but that's all speculation. It's not a bad figure but it was nowhere near the standards of HT even at the time of it's release.

It's a bummer. Love him or loathe him he's got a fantastic catalogue of films, an icon of cinema - he really should be on toy shelves as much as Arnold. Same with say, Jack Nicholson. It's a shame there's only 2 Joker figures - though by the same token we were very lucky to get those.

Back