What is the most popular display space for 1:12. 6" Star Wars figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
We are working on our first 1/12 scale diorama after many many requests, so we have to determine the depth. What is the most popular method to display and what depth of our first diorama (Tantive IV Entry Way) makes most sense?

Thanks for the help everyone!

I think if you made a 1:12 version of the Death Star, that’d be pretty sweet. If you could do something in styrene that is modular, that’d work well for the ACBA community. Just keep in mind that the 1/12th market is quite a bit down stream from your normal fair.

Thanks everyone. I'm going modular for this first experiment so allow for the different display options

I would say most people use detolfs if they use anything from Ikea for 1/12 scale. The vast, vast, majority of 1/12 figure displays I see though are on random ass shelving. Most people on this site probably use Ikea stuff, but as far as the general public, it's all over the place. So modular is definitely the best way to do it.

Yeah, I've only seen people use detolfs for 1/12 if they use any specific unit. The majority uses a lot of random wall shelving or bookcases usually around 7-10" depth.

I could see smaller standalone diorama/boxes being pretty successful for 1:12 stuff. There isn't much of it, and people don't need a detolf for it. Something 20-24" wide and maybe 10-12" deep if you wanted to go for a whole 1:12 display in one unit. Otherwise, I guess something the normal detolf 15" size works but I never used detolfs when I collected 1/12 because it's a bit too tall for 1/12 and adding a shelf between to cut the height in half makes it a bit too small IMO.

Back