McFarlane Toys bringing Movie Maniacs back!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see being interested in anything they might make at this point. NECA took over my main licenses of interest which were once part of their Movie Maniacs lineup, Alien, Predator, Terminator and Robocop. NECA even has most of the big horror licenses so what's left for McFarlane to take up?

I can't see being interested in anything they might make at this point. NECA took over my main licenses of interest which were once part of their Movie Maniacs lineup, Alien, Predator, Terminator and Robocop. NECA even has most of the big horror licenses so what's left for McFarlane to take up?
This is the problem. NECA has out McFarlane'd McFarlane. Unless Todd overhauls how he does EVERYTHING, nothing he will produce will come close to NECA at this point. And that's ignoring the license issue completely. There's plenty out in the universe to pursue, but it will be interesting to see what he chooses to capitalize on.

Quite frankly, if I were him, I'd go in with NECA and do partnership lines that NECA oversees the production and development whereas McF uses his name and artistry to design and market. A lot of NECA folks are ex-McF, so there's room for bonding. But I really, really think Todd is too proud for that.

If they do sell directly to consumers somehow and not through retail stores they could pursue more niche licenses. NECA won’t produce some figures because Randy knows they won’t sell well enough at retail.

Randy doesn't produce a lot of stuff because he knows they can't reuse or repaint the new tooling over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

McFarlane looking to bring back Tortured Souls & Horror lines!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/toys/3526253/remember-clive-barkers-tortured-souls-toy-line-mcfarlane-wants-bring-back/

oh man, I am more than happy to hear this. I had most of these when they came out. If the possible re-release would be the same if not better quality I'm all for it!

barker2.jpg
one of my favorites, although it tipped pretty easily.

This will be good... IF they come up with some new ideas and licesnses and go more niche.

I'm getting SO tired of Freddy, Jason, Alien Predator again and AGAIN. There's SO many other movies and characters they could be doing.

How about Leeloo, Ava (Ex_Machina), Sonny (I-Robot), Sam Lowry (Brazil), or a Durden+Narrator two pack (how is that not a thing already?). There's SO many other cool characters they could use, we have a whole thread around here dedicated to it.

(Anubis and Horus from the Stargate movie would be awesome too).

But no, we'll probably get a 276th Predator figure.

Not interested if they plan to put out the same level of quality they have been. Their figures are just awful now.

Their recent Spawn offerings were trash compared to their classics but it’s nice to hear that their Star Trek are an improvement.

NECA this NECA that but McFarlane has the Fortnite action figure license I see that bringing a ton of movie to his company.

Fortnite halloween costumes are all sold out and scalping on Ebay for over $100 :lol

Honestly, there's a nice horror sized hole in 1/6 these days, if McFarlane were willing to use the old Movie Maniacs name to exploit it. It would mean pushing into new areas and techniques for them, but accurate and film specific versions of the likes of Freddy, Jason, Ash, Chucky, and Michael done to current standards in 1/6 scale would still find an audience, I think. Not to mention cult horror characters like Candyman, Ghostface, Herbert West, Norman Bates, and so on, that could also be drawn on, and peppered through with the more popular a-list releases. Sideshow doesn't seem to have much interest in horror these days, figures wise, and so the only real competition is threezero, who only put out one horror release a year or so.

I don't see it happening that way, of course, but it's what I'd do. And I also don't see what McFarlane could hope to do to compete with Neca in their traditional scale, when Neca has really sewn up much of what most fans would want of these characters at that scale already.

I agree 100% but I'd be shocked if they did 1:6 stuff. Plus NECA is already going after the smaller films like The Fog, Silent Night and others. McFarlane has a lot of ground to make up if they wish to compete again.

meh.... If they think they can get away with the statues of old or stuff like those ****** 5" TWD figures they're crazy. No way they can compete. NECA has always owned them in my opinion. Better sculpts, better paint..... they will have to do something like Hills Have Eyes for me to get interested......

Are McFarlane paintjobs crap now? They used to be good and, I would say, better than NECA's typical paintjob of today.

Back