Prime 1 Studio: Aliens Wall Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Kelvin Loke said:
Check this out. Now displayed at the event in 0101. To be more precise it is a interior decorative art for people who wants to display aliens in their home, not just statues.

OcurmxG.jpg

Hmmm... not sure about this one. Though I absolutely love Prime1’s sculpts, I don’t think turning the xenomorph warriors into a door knocker/ cuckoo clock is the way to go. Lets get some good quality 1/4 pieces out before we waste good efforts on pieces that won’t move.

On a side note, Am I the only one hearing the theme to Laverne & Shirley in my head when I see those two main xenos?

I like this, not gonna lie. Always had a soft spot for wall mounts. And I think it looks better than the rest of their 1:1 wall hangers.

This is a very beautiful piece of art. I really like this idea, very artistic.

Would love to see this as a giant gate door, man opening that up would rule!

Love this piece, wonder what it'll set me back...

I assume this is an artistic representation of the Aliens warriors’s nest. It is very ingenious and very cool.

Surprised to see wall art before statues and busts (in any scale), but it looks like they know how to properly sculpt the character even when doing weird offshoot projects like this. Good sign.

It's odd to see warriors presented in such a fashion. They're effectively the worker drones of the Alien universe, and were deliberately simplified by Cameron given his approach in Aliens. They don't exhibit the biomechanical eroticism of Giger's creation, and seeing them arranged in such a fashion is rather silly.

I hate this and love it at the same time. I'm very confused by this piece. I would have preferred an open mouth or two, but the same exact face on all of them.

This piece looks beautiful and well executed, but I'm not feeling the overall format of it. I would rather have one warrior shown in all its glory than a bunch of half-visible ones. It also seems to lack a focal point.

I'm not sure why Prime 1 is teasing us with this, the wall busts, and that scorpion alien statue. Just make good statues of the iconic Alien designs and we'll all be throwing our money at Prime 1. There must be some business strategy for playing coy and stringing us along like this.

I love it because I didn't overanalyze it or make myself find something wrong with it.

"i can sell a turd with aliens sticking out of it" (c) whoever designed it
p.s. it's too symmetrical to be interesting. it would be a lot better turd if those beautifully sculpted and painted aliens were in more random positions.

This definitely isn't for me, I'd much rather see the high end, accurate maquettes we're all hoping for rather than what we've been seeing lately. But if all of this stuff helps fund better maquettes, then who am I to complain...

Back