McFarlane Game of Thrones 6 inch line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see McFarlane delving more into actual action figures than the same old preposed stuff. I'd love to see them revisit their old Terminator figures with their modern know-how.

Cool, but those are renders. As other McFarlane figures, I guess the articulation won't be any good, and the final product won't look as good as these images. Anyway I'm pretty sure I'll get them.

Cool, but those are renders. As other McFarlane figures, I guess the articulation won't be any good, and the final product won't look as good as these images. Anyway I'm pretty sure I'll get them.

Yeah I agree. I remember the renders for the Stranger Things figures. The descriptions say these "feature 12+ points of articulation." Wow a whole 12 points haha. At least it's not 5.

Based on the renders, these overall look better than the Funko and Dark Horse line.

Wonder how deep into the line McFarlane will get, since the show is done after Season 8.

I'll continue to collect the Threezero line but nice to know there's another option out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are amazing. And they're in scale with legacy I think. Thats absolutely amazing! Lets hope we get a Cersei so I can ditch my custom one :)

I want to support Game of Thrones toy lines but it seems like they all get dropped pretty quick. The Funko Legacy series had a lot of quality control issues when they first came out and, although they got those ironed out, ended up cancelling the third wave. Likewise, McFarlane bailed on its construction sets after the initial releases, too. Maybe the sets they previewed for Astapor and the Wall will finally see the light of day if these sell.

Although its probably wishful thinking, I'd like to see a separate line depicting the characters as they've appeared in illustrations, graphic novels, etc. alongside those of the TV series (like McFarlane did with Walking Dead). I get that HBO didn't want to overdo the fantasy and otherworldliness of GRRM's universe, but a lot of character detail got lost in the process (compare Roose Bolton in the show vs. the books, for example):

roose.jpg

Now that series 1 is out and turned out fairly well (Daenerys' headsculpt seemed the most off) any ideas on what Series 2 might be? Seems like if they make Tyrion they may need to pack him with another character or a larger piece to make it worth it (maybe Cersei? Jamie? Bron?)

Now that series 1 is out and turned out fairly well (Daenerys' headsculpt seemed the most off) any ideas on what Series 2 might be? Seems like if they make Tyrion they may need to pack him with another character or a larger piece to make it worth it (maybe Cersei? Jamie? Bron?)

They charged the same for the Stranger Things kids as they did for Hopper so I don't think his size will matter. Still need basically same amount of molded parts. I saw Jon and Dany in store and wasn't really impressed and passed on them.

Tyrion being the fan favorite will sell despite being a lesser value per oz of plastic than other figures.

These are pretty nice on the shelf, but articulation doesn't lend to very many cool poses. They're pretty much only good for museum poses. Not too thrilled that they didn't bother to include scabbards for their weapons, leaving out details like that is a cheap move for an established company like McFarlane.

I picked up Jon and Night King. Saw Arya once and kicking myself for not grabbing her, I haven't seen her anywhere since.

Thank you both!

I was lucky, the King didn´t break. I´d like to have a Bran figure too.

Yup. Todd only cares about Fortnite and DC now. He couldn't even make more than 2 Star Trek figures. Lucky I was able to get my Night King figure signed by Richard Brake.
20191215_225545.jpg

Back