Statue Sideshow Alien Warrior Mythos Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
1125x682_previewbannerAlienWarriorMaq-TT.jpg

Predictions...

- Plastic
- Lightweight
- Inaccurate
- Large Run
- Overpriced

And that’s just before it ships. After shipping you can add to that list:

- Bad Quality Control

With Prime 1 and others in the game, Sideshow is going to have to step up their game or just ride the bench and accept defeat.

'Mythos Maquette'?! I admit I didn't see this one coming. So it's going to be like a super-stylized version of the Warrior (as if their recent 1/5 statue wasn't enough!)

What in the holy hell is that mess!?!?

I suspect Sideshow is aware of their failed efforts at reproducing screen accurate xenomorphs so they’ve decided to just start making up their own...

Why not at this point, everyone else has had an opportunity to screw up the Alien franchise. Good job Sideshow...

I actually like it, except for the totally what the **** cat and the back tubes and 4 arms...
But it'll be too small so meh

It would be better if they had tried the mythos for this statue being that this is a juvenile queen. I'm sure I read somewhere before Alien 3 that Queens were possibly the result of a drone morphing in order to create a hive. That would explain the arms and mutated dome etc
Still that doesn't explain Jonesy in any way shape or form or the monkey feet lol

Color scheme is the best part of the design, but it'll be simplified and poorly drybrushed on the final product I'm sure.

Everything else is weak -- the inclusion of the cat, the monkey feet, and the abstract base that looks like it was created specifically so the foot could grab onto something. I absolutely hate bases like this. Gooey nonsense that only exists to serve the statue, rather than an actual chunk of environment the character happens to walk upon.

After WTH was that expression... I think it's young alien queen, seeing it has 4 arms, mutated dome and color schemes like... Kenner queen face hugger?

Then again, why Jonesey? What are you doing there, kitty?

I quite like the idea of mythos Aliens. I wouldn't actually buy this specific one but it's different I guess. I'm wondering what the thinking behind it was? Is it meant to be born of a monkey, maybe a spider or something? This one is so different that it does almost have vibes of the Thing as much as Alien. It's certainly better than that recent Warrior which was really quite a poor concept and sculpt.

No idea why Jonesy is there, between this and the also unrelated XM Alien, he's getting about.

This is the description given by Sideshow:

"Redesigned by Legacy Studios and Sideshow, the Mythos alien offers fans a creepy new take on the classic monster as seen in the first film, keeping elements of the organic, H.R. Giger-influence—while amping up the agile hunter style that the original “Big Chap” design could only be capable of in our nightmares."

This is the description given by Sideshow:

"Redesigned by Legacy Studios and Sideshow, the Mythos alien offers fans a creepy new take on the classic monster as seen in the first film, keeping elements of the organic, H.R. Giger-influence—while amping up the agile hunter style that the original “Big Chap” design could only be capable of in our nightmares."

Bit confusing that it's being referred to as the Warrior then.

Back