Toy Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are actually a newer vendor, whitd. And while we have plenty of Pre-Orders currently that will be shipped upon release we have only shipped a few items as of current.

We will be adding a Testimonials section to our website soon (in the next few days in fact) as I have been providing Hot Toys, Sideshow products & other collectibles to local Canadians for a while so we certainly do need a place for these people to leave reviews. Previously I had done all my business through Facebook but needed a platform to more seamlessly handle and automate some of the tasks so the website came to fruition about 2 months back.

If you need anything at all you can always reach out to us at [email protected] or use the Contact Us page on the website - I tend to respond quite quickly for most inquires! :)

Has any ordered from this vendor ? If so please provide your feedback. They have great prices but, it is very difficult to get them to respond.
Okay lets hear it.

Thanks,

Echo 7

Lol got into a fight with the owner over his refusal to respond, believe i preordered a did apollo astronaut left numerous emails with the official site then went onto facebook page a good 5 days later and he ended up banning me and returning the deposit i put down, his facebook page was a ****e show of complaints.......eventually used kghobby always had good results from them!

Wow, I also got into a dispute with them over an Apollo Astronaut figure. I felt they were very misleading with lead times. Never use them again

Currently in a dispute with them over a figure a preordered over a year ago - I would avoid them mate, it seems to be nothing but bad news.

thank you for the comments guys. I have ordered 3 figures from them and put down deposits. I have emailed them several times requesting payment plans with no response. I have also called them on several times and they do not respond. I have left voice mail's with no answer. I have put dispute with paypal and awaiting them to respond. I hope I can get my $60 dollars worth of deposits..If not then i will go on facebook and start leaving complaints.

I?ve pre-ordered a bunch of things from them and received 4 or 5 so far. They are a lot slower to receive product than sideshow and slow to ship it out, but I don?t have any concerns about not receiving my orders eventually. You just need a lot of patience. For example, I just received my Avengers Infinity War Star Lord a few days ago. But the shipping cost was a lot less than sideshow since I am in Canada.

so long story short i got all of my pre-order deposits back. The guy never communicated with me on my request for a payment plan nor did he ever try to reach out. I do see alot of negative posts on this place. The positive posts are few and far in between . As for Mooch I understand you recieved your figures but , the idea of having lots of patience couple with zero communication does not sound like a place I want to do business with . I will continue to stick with sideshow .

Thanks everyone who have posted your experience !!

Yeah if you are in the US I would go with sideshow for sure. Since I (and Toy Origin) are in Canada it is a lot cheaper for me. I save about $90 per figure on shipping + customs.

I was thinking of ordering from them myself. What I gather is...
- Customer service and owner are rude.
- No emails about when/if order will arrive
- Take a long time to ship and no reason is really given

With that said, they are not really scam artists, but they are not a great shop and should look elsewhere. It's always a battle, their prices are fair, and something have sold out, they have in stock at MSR price.

I'm glad to see there's a thread on this already (I was thinking of starting one if not).
I saw a lot of discussion buried in other threads, but it seems like this needs to be more highlighted and consolidated.

It seems clear at this point I will never receive the 4 items I've pre-ordered from them (2 of which apparently arrived months ago). They have ignored multiple attempts at communication for months now.

It seems many of us are in the same boat. What I'm most curious about is what (if anything) we might be able to do about it. I saw someone else post a link to complain the BBB. I filled that out, but there might not be much hope there. Has anyone looked into more legal action? I'm in the US, and I know they are in Canada, so not sure how that could work. Could a class action suit be possible?

Wondering what others think.

I’ve tried BBB but Toy Origin never responded to them. Luckily for me I’m just out of the cost of one figure. I feel bad for those out of multiple figures. It appears legal action may be the only way to get your money back.

Agreed. This guy's not going to do anything unless forced to.

I'm no legal expert (I'm currently trying to bring our wedding photographer to justice, but she's basically vanished—P.I.'s can't even find her), but there has to be something. At the very least, warn enough people to take his business down. That might do more good than anything.

If there was a way to organize so that we could spread the word far and wide across the community. Hit his pages, perhaps start one against him. I don't know. I feel like there has to be something we can do.

I'm wondering if anybody else is having trouble with Toy Origin? I placed an order for a Hot Toys Coruscant Guard back in January of this year. I paid the deposit and shortly after, I paid the remaining balance when I got an email from them asking for it. The figure had been released at several other places already, so I figured it'd be arriving shortly. Unfortunately, it still hasn't arrived. I tried contacting them via email and by posting on their Facebook, but I've had no luck getting a response(the auto response from the actually says that they don't respond to questions about when something is going to arrive, which was concerning). If they're not getting the figure in, I'd be happy to transfer my balance to something that's in stock to just to call it even, but since I'm unable to contact them, I'm in kind of a limbo state.

It's kind of a bummer as you can see in my responses from 2018, I had a nice conversation with the person who posted this thread initially to advertise for Toy Origin and ended up placing two orders through them that arrived with no problems at all. I was happy to support their business, but I wish I could just work something out with them or at least have some kind of assurance that they're going to eventually get the figure I paid for in stock. As it stands, the item is still showing as a pre-order item on their website.

Back