Prime 1 Studio: Jurassic Park - 1/38 PVC Dinosaurs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotfish

How does the wind ever get in here?
CF Supporter
Reaction score
1/38-scale PVC figurines.

42275859_2123451967920516_4785674864415473664_o.jpg

42307417_2123451994587180_5608165997862191104_o.jpg

42298948_2123451954587184_8463393783034150912_o.jpg

Happy to see a company like Prime 1 tackling smaller pieces like this, but 1/38 is even smaller than Rebor (1/35). I suppose we'll have to wait for official dimensions. Maybe the sculptors have exaggerated the size a little.

Would've loved to see something a bit bigger, perhaps 1/20 or 1/25. Something similar in size to the Mattel Thrash 'n' Throw, but in PVC or vinyl at a mid-tier pricepoint. Not unlike what X-Plus has done with Godzilla.

Last edited:
X-Plus has a bit more detail on their sculpts, just look at the Ultra-Q Garamaon! Still...these things are really nicely done. I'm curious what the end price point will be, if it's similar to X-Plus ($100-120 range) or less.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued. Does that mean this'll be in scale with the Matchbox Jeep Explorers? That could be fun. :idea

The matchbox are in 1/64 scale? The dino gonna look gigantic face to the car? It would be better to display the car in 1/43?

Good to see these in a smaller scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Chronicles owns the distributing right for NA including Canada. Haven't heard anything from them yet.

Word is they won't be offering these smaller dinos. But I have found a couple places that I believe ship internationally. I'm debating about ordering both, or just the Rex.

Word is they won't be offering these smaller dinos. But I have found a couple places that I believe ship internationally. I'm debating about ordering both, or just the Rex.

Same here, I'm leaning on only the Rex. Can you share the places you found?

Thank you!

No problem. I ended up ordering both through AmiAmi after reading that other Canadians have purchased through them with no issues. Expected shipping date for these is June so we'll see then if my order goes through without issue as well!

The more I think about it the more I like these. They've really grown on me and I think it's a great idea on Prime 1's part to produce a line of small JP dinos. It's something affordable and easy to display. I'll be ordering the Brachiosaurus when it comes up and I hope they keep the line going. A Spinosaurus and TLW Bull T-Rex would be great!

No problem. I ended up ordering both through AmiAmi after reading that other Canadians have purchased through them with no issues. Expected shipping date for these is June so we'll see then if my order goes through without issue as well!

The more I think about it the more I like these. They've really grown on me and I think it's a great idea on Prime 1's part to produce a line of small JP dinos. It's something affordable and easy to display. I'll be ordering the Brachiosaurus when it comes up and I hope they keep the line going. A Spinosaurus and TLW Bull T-Rex would be great!

Pre-ordered Rexy at AmiAmi too, hope it works out. I see that they offered P1 blue pre-order as well (it's gone now). I wonder if those more expensive ships to NA too, since they seem to have their way of dodging CC's distribution right. But aside from blue, they don't offer T-Rex, Triceratops, Indoraptor for some reason.

Brachiosaurus has finally been announced:

110314685_3241295735917046_7049448466092389226_o.j  pg

109897763_3241296809250272_117313186317624609_o.jp  g

It's a shame the previous figures turned out so mediocre because the three prototypes look great together.

For those who haven't seen, here are some reviews of the previous entries in the line. This is the best they've looked on video, IMO.

Other videos have shown some rather messy seams on Rexy's teeth.

Compare to what Nanmu is doing for $10, $15 more:

Here you get sharp translucent teeth, articulated jaws, and some of the best paint apps we've seen in the scale. The JP licensing costs must really eat into Prime 1's production budget.

W-Dragon is another option. Their male Rex is poorly painted, but their female is stunning and boasts a sculpt superior even to Nanmu.

kxAH331.jpg

Last edited:
The story repeats another time. For me this is almost fraud... It seems Prime 1 is used to do this. I don't want to think how it will be the factory items for Aragorn, Legolas, Frodo, new rotunda...

It's unaccepatable.

Tyrannosaurus-Rex-12.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

This is Joker 2.0

Back