The Nearly Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Brown Knight

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I always get figures one by one, and always have a sort of list to see which order i'll buy the figures I want. I always find that there are a few figures that i'll say i'm going for but when it comes to buying, I go for something else for one reason or another (defect etc.). Here are my 'those' type figures that I eventually end up passing on for another option:

- Hot Toys Batman Begins
- Hot Toys Star Lord Vol. 2 Deluxe

They're always on my list, but I never end up getting them, may do in the future though. Does anyone else do something similar?

Yes pretty much. I mean to get one but something else comes up and I forget about it. There are quite a few figures I have done that with. Saying that the ones I really want I always get.

I too missed out on the Hot Toys Batman Begins. I got the 1/4 Enterbay version and after that never really felt the need to pick up the 1/6 after that.

Yes pretty much. I mean to get one but something else comes up and I forget about it. There are quite a few figures I have done that with. Saying that the ones I really want I always get.

I too missed out on the Hot Toys Batman Begins. I got the 1/4 Enterbay version and after that never really felt the need to pick up the 1/6 after that.

I would have bought the Batman Begins if it wasn't for the ankle issue and suit articulation probably (mainly the ankle issue). Even with the ankle issue it's so expensive. I have a substitute in the Takara Batman Begins though. I'm not a big fan of the suit, I just love the harness look, so it's probably not worth spending that much for just that one look. I would really like that Hot Toys Bruce Wayne head sculpt, 1/6 and 1/4 scale.

Yeah I have a few I've come very close to getting many times, but never ended up pulling the trigger: Classic Predator, Battle-damaged T1 Terminator, Praetorian Guard...

X-Wing Luke was on that list for a looong time, but I finally broke down and bought him.

Hot Toys Batman Begins as well, I'd love to have this version but the known issues of that figure combined with the price puts me off. I keep hoping they'll make another 1/6 Batman Begins figure.

Hot Toys Aquaman, I just can't make up my mind if I want the JL version which I was close to ordering a few times or wait for the new one instead.

I would have bought the Batman Begins if it wasn't for the ankle issue and suit articulation probably (mainly the ankle issue). Even with the ankle issue it's so expensive. I have a substitute in the Takara Batman Begins though. I'm not a big fan of the suit, I just love the harness look, so it's probably not worth spending that much for just that one look. I would really like that Hot Toys Bruce Wayne head sculpt, 1/6 and 1/4 scale.

I love the Begins suit. He looks like a monster in that thing. It is very hard to tell the shape of the person underneath and looks very intimidating in my opinion. I always felt the Dark Knight suit makes him look like a scrawny Batman. The costume did look great in Arkham Knight though I must admit.

I recently bought the NECA Batman Begins 1/4 and I think that is a cracking figure for the price. The articulation is excellent and it has a great cape.

Hot Toys Hulkbuster. The price has been creeping up and my availability of display space is going down, which has always kept it in the "only if a good deal appears" list. Plus, my weariness of the MCU has made we wonder if i want it that badly.

There is always a list of figures that I'm constantly considering.

However, my most debated about figures would probably be the Hot Toys Leia figures... either in the original costume or in Hoth gear. I just couldn't seem to pull the trigger on either one. Of course, the original Leia has risen in price making it even more out of reach. And the Hoth version is still available so... THAT debate is still ongoing.

New on that list and way out of left field...Thor from Avengers Infinity War. I told myself I would not enter the Marvel arena... but the figure is SO cool and loved the film and his appearance in that film that I find myself strangely tempted.

Of course, there is still time to change my mind.

Hot Toys Wonder Woman - really want the character represented in my collection, but haven't been able to bring myself to order any of the versions released so far.

Also the Hot Toys Infinity War Thanos figure - I keep looking at it and would love it in my collection but I just don't have the space for it unfortunately... it's so tempting though! :gah:

I procrastinated on the T1 Battle Damage and Robocop at Popcultcha. It was more because there were just so many Star Wars figs coming out at the time. Even when they reduced their prices I didn’t jump. So it was more a cash flow issue. I’m planning on 2019 being a catch-up year, keeping some funds aside to jump on any decently priced deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heaps of times.

Daredevil and Punisher were always on my list, but never ended up picking them up because something else came along.

Days of Future Past Wolverine. Never wanted to pay the full retail price for such a bare bones figure, then before I knew it, it was sold out. Not willing to pay the aftermarket price now.

Batman Returns Batman. Just never got around to pulling the trigger on that one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hot Toys Wonder Woman - really want the character represented in my collection, but haven't been able to bring myself to order any of the versions released so far.

Also the Hot Toys Infinity War Thanos figure - I keep looking at it and would love it in my collection but I just don't have the space for it unfortunately... it's so tempting though! :gah:

Yup, the Hot Toys Thanos is so tempting but something just keeps pulling me away. I'm more into (for figures), the representation of real people. Although we can see Josh Brolin, I can not justify spending that much for a cgi character (not saying the cgi was bad, it was very good), i'm more into real human faces. Lack of accessories is also another issue (not that Hot Toys can do anything about that).

Back