Jurrassic Park Raptor - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like we'll be getting a choice of two poses....

i4YQO7P.jpg

ZaQBEjp.jpg

Gw1QtJ0.jpg

85spBrs.jpg

gt09Cy3.jpg

maboamm.jpg

Love them both. Was going to go with standing but already have Blue on order and lose is similar so am leaning towards action pose now.

Digging the three together, sort of wish the standing version had a different base, or plants in a different formation. I could see all three together in a larger diorama, but with the stump in the same spot on both of the (brown) raptors that would be a challenge.

Amazing sculpts (again) from P1!

Really not feeling these guys, especially compared to Blue. They're so glossy, and that close up is just an invitation to see how bad of a paint job it really is. Not sure if I want to pay around $700 for something that'll require major touch-up.

Really not feeling these guys, especially compared to Blue. They're so glossy, and that close up is just an invitation to see how bad of a paint job it really is. Not sure if I want to pay around $700 for something that'll require major touch-up.

Most of the images to come out of this event are disappointingly poor quality tbh. I had the same thoughts as you. Blue just looks better in terms of pose and detail/texture etc. But I suspect we will see these in a much better light soon and they will impress more. I hope so anyway, I'm tempted by the attack pose version...

Shame they didn't change the bases up a bit however, I'd be happy with one, but I imagine plenty of people would like both of them.

Most of the images to come out of this event are disappointingly poor quality tbh. I had the same thoughts as you. Blue just looks better in terms of pose and detail/texture etc. But I suspect we will see these in a much better light soon and they will impress more. I hope so anyway, I'm tempted by the attack pose version...

Shame they didn't change the bases up a bit however, I'd be happy with one, but I imagine plenty of people would like both of them.

I'm not sure it's image quality. In the close up you can see like 3 distinct areas that almost look as if they were painted by different painters and sculpted by different sculptors. Specifically, at the neck there's a very visible line that separates two completely different looking areas.

Also, as I've said before on other pieces, I don't know why they don't use glass eyes. These eyes look terrible, and glass eyes are extremely common for resin kits which are almost always cheaper than these will be.

From these pictures I'm kind of disappointed. When I first saw the Blue raptor I thought to my self: "Man, thats amazing! Pose, skin texture! Why couldn't this be from the first movie?" Since then I've been waiting for P1 to announce raptors from JP1. Why doesn't the sculpt and texture on these impress like Blue??

Wow these are just spectacular. These are all 1/6 scale correct?

Yeah, that's correct. The rare images of blue with something acting as a size comparison have shown these are a pretty decent size.

From these pictures I'm kind of disappointed. When I first saw the Blue raptor I thought to my self: "Man, thats amazing! Pose, skin texture! Why couldn't this be from the first movie?" Since then I've been waiting for P1 to announce raptors from JP1. Why doesn't the sculpt and texture on these impress like Blue??

I will admit I currently share your views. Blue is superb! But I'm not really attached to that character. I'd love the blue maquette as a JP1 Raptor. But I am hoping that we'll see more of these soon that will show off the details better. I guess we'll see...

Just a guess but its possible that for Blue they might have the 3D computer model that was used in the movie. Therefore, all the details are much more faithfully recreated. Its just a copy/past job with some alterations. But the raptors would have to be original sculpts as its an old film...and the details are less faithful to the movie.

I was watching a video about Chronicle Collectibles on YouTube a some time ago and their rep who was being interviewed said that they had access to the computer files from the film. All they did was tweak the head position to make it look less static and give it some life so it doesn't literally look like a model. Might be similar for P1 Blue.

Everything about the Prime 1 Blue statue blows these out of the water. It's sooooooooo Much better than these. The figure, the base, the pose, detail. It's a clean sweep.

JP > JW, all day...but

Blue > ALL the JP raptors IMO.

Just a guess but its possible that for Blue they might have the 3D computer model that was used in the movie. Therefore, all the details are much more faithfully recreated. Its just a copy/past job with some alterations. But the raptors would have to be original sculpts as its an old film...and the details are less faithful to the movie.

That was also my thoughts. But Julian did such a great job on the t-rex so my hopes was high for the raptors as well.

I wasn't totally impressed with their rex either. I'd still rather have a repainted breakout. Hopefully their rotunda turns out better.

I have the break out as well and also plan a repaint. But the detail and likeness in the "portrait" of trex on P1s version just caught my eye. Even though its based on the animatronics more stiff and beefier body. Its museum like pose is something I can go with since its a space saver for me, but I do realise that P1 fans expect more dynamic poses from them.

I have the break out as well and also plan a repaint. But the detail and likeness in the "portrait" of trex on P1s version just caught my eye. Even though its based on the animatronics more stiff and beefier body. Its museum like pose is something I can go with since its a space saver for me, but I do realise that P1 fans expect more dynamic poses from them.

I got the museum pose covered with the 1/5, the rotunda might be a buy for me as the CC one is a bit smaller than I had hoped.

Back