Statue Prime 1 - DKR Superman 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
From FB

Attachments

• 722020FD-4A78-4D01-A411-5032E3EBA35A.jpeg
    722020FD-4A78-4D01-A411-5032E3EBA35A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 357
  • D5B8DC40-F144-490D-83FD-DFF95DFD9093.jpeg
    D5B8DC40-F144-490D-83FD-DFF95DFD9093.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 383
He makes Batman look kinda small there!

Overall looks good but as I hated how Superman was portrayed in this story it's an easy pass for me. The Hush Superman better encapsulates the character in my opinion.

I didn’t think it was possible for me to like a Superman statue more than the Hush one but.....wow. This looks incredible.

I get what they were going for, but I would prefer him to be a bit more upright as he's striding over to pummel Bats.

And maybe I just need to see a few more angles, but he really does seem to dwarf Bats, which doesn't seem possible.

It's an camera illusion, Bat's is sitting further back on the table then Supes which makes him appear smaller.

Oh my god this is amazing... he looks so angry, I love everything about this including the base. Fantastic statue

he looks like the illegitimate Kryptonian son of Jay Leno or Bruce Campbell :lol

Attachments

• bc3.jpg
    bc3.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 293
  • bc7.jpg
    bc7.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 304
  • D5B8DC40-F144-490D-83FD-DFF95DFD9093.jpeg
    D5B8DC40-F144-490D-83FD-DFF95DFD9093.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 285
I love this Superman. It has so much character in the pose compared to any other Superman statue out there.

I guess it's all down to personal preference. For me, as good as this is, the Hush Superman is so much better. It might have a more simple pose but perfectly captures the character.

That's more down to the source material though. I love Miller's Batman but his Superman was an insult to the character as far as I'm concerned.

I guess it's all down to personal preference. For me, as good as this is, the Hush Superman is so much better. It might have a more simple pose but perfectly captures the character.

That's more down to the source material though. I love Miller's Batman but his Superman was an insult to the character as far as I'm concerned.

As a major Batman fan that’s probably why I like this Superman more. The struggle to take him down, man vs God shows even Superman wasn’t gonna take down the Bat easy.

I love this a lot, but then again I'm a big TDKR fan.

I love the base, too, though I think the Batmobile-slash-tank fits the Black/Grey Batman more but then that one's already got the Mutant Leader which also works well with the figure, so I wish they could have just saved this motif for the Carrie Kelley ROBIN. Superman's could have been a snowy pavement with a broken part of the lamp post where Bats was wired up, since this is from the final battle with Supes holding a broken armored cowl.

As a major Batman fan that’s probably why I like this Superman more. The struggle to take him down, man vs God shows even Superman wasn’t gonna take down the Bat easy.

I'm a major fan of both so I like both to be shown the respect they deserve. I don't mind Batman beating him and with Kryptonite that's not hard, as long as it makes sense.

The Hush story made a lot more sense with Ivy controlling him and Bats using the Kryptonite ring given to him by Superman for such scenarios.

But Supes would always do the right thing and never become a government lackey. I blame Miller for a lot of the negative perceptions towards Superman since that time.

It is a great statue though if you have no real love for Supes but want a complete TDKR line. Really hope P1 make the Carrie Kelly Robin next. Would be an awesome companion for either of the Miller Bats.

Back