Media Playstation Classic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised they didn't go with dual shock on this. And ya, thanks for including an hdmi cable, but no power adapter? For $100 I'll pass.

Makes sense for them to jump on this bandwagon. I'm not nearly as nostalgic for this as I was for the NES and SNES, and I've got access to those games through other emulation systems if I ever get an itch to play something. So I'll pass. But the more the merrier. If they ever did a Saturn Classic, I might buy since there aren't any great emulators out there that I have access to.

Makes sense for them to jump on this bandwagon. I'm not nearly as nostalgic for this as I was for the NES and SNES, and I've got access to those games through other emulation systems if I ever get an itch to play something. So I'll pass. But the more the merrier. If they ever did a Saturn Classic, I might buy since there aren't any great emulators out there that I have access to.

I think Saturn emulation is so hard that Sega would have trouble doing it haha. I'm pretty sure they just license all those Genesis classic things that have been out for a while; it'd be great if Sega themselves would tackle that.

Depends on the games and if it’s hackable like the NES & SNES

That'd be awesome. Having never owned a PS1, I might be interested in this, but I really would have liked the dual shock (or just dual analog w/ no rumble) controller. Interested to see how it will turn out.

Hmm... not sure I would buy this since I already can play PS1 games on my PSP and PS3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping some of the other games include Spyro, Siphon Filter, Abe's Odyssey, MediEvil, Dino Crisis, Soul Reaver, etc.

With a disc, or using roms?

They advertise it as playing the discs (and have 25 minutes of Saturn gameplay footage that you can watch on their site) though it's still technically emulator based and not true FPGA.

https://www.polymega.com/

I do miss my modded Saturn from back in the day and for the life of me can't remember why I sold it. So many great import games like Radiant Silvergun, Vampire Savior, and Super Dimension Fortress Macross.

That's one console that I had that disappeared from the face of the earth, and I have no idea when or where I lost it. I had the expansion memory pack, and Street Fighter vs. X-Men, Vampire Savior, and a really great Fire Pro Wrestling game. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

They advertise it as playing the discs (and have 25 minutes of Saturn gameplay footage that you can watch on their site) though it's still technically emulator based and not true FPGA.

https://www.polymega.com/

I do miss my modded Saturn from back in the day and for the life of me can't remember why I sold it. So many great import games like Radiant Silvergun, Vampire Savior, and Super Dimension Fortress Macross.

Oh that's great to see that they're actually emulating it. I read that story where they just used arcade footage of Sega Rally and thought they were a bogus company.

Oh that's great to see that they're actually emulating it. I read that story where they just used arcade footage of Sega Rally and thought they were a bogus company.

Yeah people started to cry foul but then they apologized and confessed that they ran the wrong footage by mistake and switched it to the proper Saturn video.

I predict the gaming industry will move to streaming with a monthly sub where you can stream everything from their library from ps1 through ps4(5), making this mini console obsolete.

You know what would be cool? Backwards compatiblity.

I have a PS3 for that.

But yeah, it’d be nice to have. I just don’t see Sony ever doing that.

PS Now lets you DL games now, except PS3 ones. I hope that gets addressed soon.

Back