X-Files Mulder review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry about no review on Sunday - I'm traveling a bit right now, making my schedule rather hectic. Let's get back to it tonight with a look at the latest ThreeZero release - Fox Mulder! Yep, one half of the X-Files duo is now shipping, and I'm checking out the deluxe version right here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-091918a.htm

or you can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_tzmulder_11.jpg

Yup totally floppy body. I feel like all threezero have crappy bodies though.

I agree with Michael’s very well written review as always except hada few points I thought differently on.

namely the accessories. I think they look exceptionally cheap and significantly less quality than many of the sideshow equivalents of last.

And while I think the critique of the paint is spot on I do think that it’s significantly less orange and dark than normal for this company. I’d go so far to say the complexion is pretty good.

The thoughts on the eyebrows I found most interesting. I went back and looked at a lot of stuff. I found that as Duchovny got older his eyebrows got lighter. Pre season 6 or so his eyebrows looked a lot darker. They were not a deal breaker for me but like anything and everything else I’m sure they can be made to look better with a repaint. I can’t think how to at the moment... all I did was darken the side drops of his eyelids as I found that to be a distinguishing feature, but someone better than me may find a way to pull out more likeness.

Great review (again)!

Seems like Threezero phoned this one in. The face is pretty off, where's Mulder's hangdog look? This one is more upbeat and doesn't match all that well with who we know and love.

What would have really made this a must buy would be ANY form of alien artifact as a bonus. or something beyond some accessories that looked like they got them on sale at 3D or Zayre (how's that for showing some age...if anyone remembers those stores).

Even the alien probe device would have been a nice addition. The old sideshow had it. Luckily you can pick that up still parted out at the usual places.

For me though three zero phones in every single figure. Thy are just a really bad company. No way else to put it.

Maybe I've just cherry picked my purchases, but I don't think they're that terrible of a company. Some of their faces could use a little work, but others really shine. The tailoring is usually spot on too. At least the figures I own. Hannibal's murder condom is spot on.

Back