Best program/software for creating comic books?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaidragonfire

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
So........I've had a couple of comic book characters in my head for many years now. Although I'm artistic, I don't have the skill for comic book artistry/creation.

I've looked online for some comic book creator programs, but come across stuff for little kids, or programs that just have options like background colors, bubbles, panes/panels, etc....

I'm looking for something that has the options of creating actual characters (facial features, poses, expressions, etc...), as well as backgrounds, panes, panels, and coloring. Is there any such programs available? Or is this something that would have to be done with a super computer like the movie makers use for CGI??

Clip Studio Paint (formerly Manga Studio) is a rather robust tool for illustrators and comic creators. There is the usual learning curve but CSP has illustration tools that I have been longing for in Photoshop for years (eg. vector snap guides for brushes, symmetry, 3D manikins, etc.). Plus, if your more handy with PS then you can just sample the PS keyboard commands instead.

Thanks, but I don't have an iPad and don't really want one. I'm looking for something I can use on a regular computer.

For something like this, I would really need to see someone using the program live....the videos they have really don't show me what I'm needing to see.

I use it. It's great, and relatively unexpensive for what you get (especially compared to PS). I use it on my surface with a stylus though.

There's a bunch of videos of people using it on Youtube.

Though, I'm not sure if it'll completely create the characters for you - I've always just used it for drawing/layout.

Back