God knows what's going on with Henry Cavill as Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Henry Cavill OUT as Superman

Sad... He was one of the best thing in the DCEU. Too bad they've mismanaged the whole thing from the start. The next one has better be in his classic outfit.

Cavill did understand the character though and was knowledgeable in the comics. I wish he'd had more input. Just a sad spoiling of a great Superman... :(

The DCEU, besides Wonder Woman, is a mess. A flashpoint/soft reboot is in order.

Sucks cause he was a great Superman. DCEU can go pound sand. I don't care what they do now. They are a failure.

Iconic characters just laid to waste. I wonder how long before Gal finds something else.

RDJ has been in how many marvel movies? Really shows which studios have a plan.

Might as well replace the rest of the team. Mixed JL actors won't look good on the next movie whenever that is.

Might as well replace the rest of the team. Mixed JL actors won't look good on the next movie whenever that is.

Rumor is their considering making Superman African American in the next movie...… so yeah the team is defiantly going to look different... As a white person unless your in love with this idea 100%, you really can't respond to it without sounding a tad racist....

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/superman-michael-b-jordan-dc-movies/

Doesn't matter to me, DC movies have been pretty bad overall.... The only one I liked was MOS the rest were either Meh to Horrible... I don't blame Cavil wanting to distance himself from the mess that Snider created..

Besides, they scrape a new Superman movie for a Supergirl movie no one cares about!

The only good thing in this news is that I hope it will allow Cavill to be the next Bond (though in all likeliness it will be a black, transgender, disabled actor if SJW have their word) and maybe, just maybe, we'll finally have a Superman series on TV...

Besides, they scrape a new Superman movie for a Supergirl movie no one cares about!

The only good thing in this news is that I hope it will allow Cavill to be the next Bond (though in all likeliness it will be a black, transgender, disabled actor if SJW have their word) and maybe, just maybe, we'll finally have a Superman series on TV...

Even DC TV Shows have been really bad, sure Arrow and Flash first two seasons were pretty good but since then both shows have hit the crapper... Supergirl is just a show about feminism and Legends of Tomorrow is a joke.... I thought the first 4-5 seasons of Smallville were pretty good until DC wanted to take the show over and the original creators left because of it, then the show went down hill fast... Gotham is decent but overall DC TV shows have been pretty bad..

Rumor is their considering making Superman African American in the next movie...… so yeah the team is defiantly going to look different... As a white person unless your in love with this idea 100%, you really can't respond to it without sounding a tad racist....

Doesn't matter to me, DC movies have been pretty bad overall.... The only one I liked was MOS the rest were either Meh to Horrible... I don't blame Cavil wanting to distance himself from the mess that Snider created..

This morning an UNCONFIRMED RUMOR surfaces that Cavill might be out as Superman and an hour later an article comes out saying WB is looking at hiring Michael B. Jordan as Superman? Ha, things like this are why people call it fake news. I bet they wrote that article about Jordan months ago and have been waiting for a moment to drop it. It's nothing but click bait trying to stir up controversy.

Anyhow, this is what Cavill's manager had to say:

"Be peaceful, the cape is still in his closet. @wbpictures has been and continues to be our partners as they evolve the DC Universe. Anticipate a WB statement later today."

lol @ WB they are incapable of long term vision.

We’re not going to reboot completely BUT we’ll keep Gadot as WW and Jason as Aquaman but not Cavill as Superman, oh and Affleck is a mess, oh Suicide Squad who, oh multiple Joker movies in different universes, oh we’ll call ourselves World of DC now oh oh oh oh oh oh.

Meanwhile Marvel has a clear vision for a racoon and a tree lolololol.

Cavill’s must’ve got greedy after the success of Mission Impossible.

Last edited:

Rumor is their considering making Superman African American in the next movie.

Uh oh, lol.

steel-helmet-2.jpg

Well actually as a white person I can respond to it and say it's a dumb as hell idea. If that's racist then the word has truly lost it meaning.

Most ridiculous thing I have heard today. Sadly probably won't be the last.

Back