Media New Wave Toys - RepliCade 1/6 scale functioning arcade cabinets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryoguns

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I came across these at a retro video game group that I belong to. It's a new line of functioning 1/6th scale arcade cabinets running actual games. Centipede comes out this month with Tempest slated for November. Street Fighter II is also in the works. Mainstream online stores are also carrying these like Amazon and Best Buy. They look pretty cool!

https://newwavetoys.com/

Looks flawöess and the fact that it is actually a working 1/6 scale arcade is simply fantastic. Getting a total geek out atm.

I would buy this one...

I saw this recently (I've been trying to build my own 1:1 scale arcade cabinet and this would sometimes show up in web searches), and it is very cool. But I would much prefer something that cost $30 or so that was not functional, but looked the part. If so, I would probably buy 2 or 3 for my '80s figure display.

You can buy a 3/4 scale, functioning arcade cabinet for twice that price!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1Up-Galaga-Machine-Walmart-Exclusive-4ft/595505982

I saw this recently (I've been trying to build my own 1:1 scale arcade cabinet and this would sometimes show up in web searches), and it is very cool. But I would much prefer something that cost $30 or so that was not functional, but looked the part. If so, I would probably buy 2 or 3 for my '80s figure display.

You can buy a 3/4 scale, functioning arcade cabinet for twice that price!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1Up-Galaga-Machine-Walmart-Exclusive-4ft/595505982

I wish you luck on your build! I did one a few years ago. The hardware was actually the easy part...it's the software part that I found to be a pain.

Thanks. It's been a long time coming, as I wanted to do this for a couple of years now, but am finally getting really motivated. My main problem is my lack of free time nowadays, but I've got a Raspberry Pi that functions well with just about all the games I want. Just tonight I'm modifying my X-Arcade Tankstick with new joysticks. So the next step will be either buying something from RecRoomMasters or making something myself. . .

I ordered Centipede off of the New Wave Toys website. 144.00 with their discount code. I think I'm all in for this line.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I ordered Centipede off of the New Wave Toys website. 144.00 with their discount code. I think I'm all in for this line.

Mine is in transit from California...should be here sometime next week. I'll grab a couple of pictures once it does arrive.

Looking forward to seeing more pics. These are looking pretty darn cool. Still waiting for my shipping notice.

I got this today after a sale on Amazon. Hard to photograph with a cell phone. But very cool, high quality piece, and it works surprisingly well.
b3060582c5af7d8a6916f398fb6ce9fc.jpg
93ee7bccdcea8244b7d9c257a6e88873.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back