Hot Toys "MIA" figures (Protos shown but no PO's)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedibear

Figuring it out
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the convention season is long over and it's starting to look like it was one big tease regarding Hot Toys and "Star Wars"

Of all the new figures shown at this year's SDCC Sideshow booth, only Darth Maul has gone up for PO. There were others on display that had already PO'd prior to the show ( Solo "Han Solo", Solo "Mudtrooper", Solo "Patrol Trooper", ROTS Kenobi, AOTC Dooku and Yoda) but a big selection of what was seen is still missing in action on the PO front.

Here's the list from this year (with a few others from the recent past thrown in)

ANH Death Star Trooper (Deluxe with guard station)
R1 Tank Pilot Trooper
R1 Baze Malbus
ROTS Commander Cody
ROTS Airborne Trooper
AOTC Jango Fett
ESB "Bespin Gown" Princess Leia
Solo "Chewbacca"
Solo "Mimban Trooper"
Solo "Range Trooper"
ROTJ "Endor" Luke
ROTJ "Endor" Leia

Gotta wonder if the slow down with SW is stemming from the glut of sequel figures or production backlog. Who knows....I just wonder if this will be the new norm?
Big teases of figures that never see the light of day after being displayed at shows...let me know if I missed any.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys "MiIA" figures (Protos shown but no PO's)

After Emperor, there are no OT figures figures to order. At all :(

What the heck is going on?

Re: Hot Toys "MiIA" figures (Protos shown but no PO's)

They also showed TFA C-3PO with the red arm last year and a bells and whistles ROJ R2 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been over a month since a Star Wars preorder and months since an ot preorder. All they have to do is release the Death Star trooper. What happened to hot toys Star Wars? Hot toys is all marvel all the time. I just got esb boba and have nobody to display him with (esb han, lando, bespin leia) for at least a year, and that’s if any of those figs were announced tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong, the figs I have received recently have been great, but it is nice to have figs on the horizon. Since I only collect ht Star Wars , this drought is alarming.

I think for some that were only shown this year its early to panic. Its only been a little over a month since SDCC and Hot Toys only generally does reveals once a week or sometimes two weeks.

Well, the convention season is long over and it's starting to look like it was one big tease regarding Hot Toys and "Star Wars"

Of all the new figures shown at this year's SDCC Sideshow booth, only Darth Maul has gone up for PO. There were others on display that had already PO'd prior to the show ( Solo "Han Solo", Solo "Mudtrooper", Solo "Patrol Trooper", ROTS Kenobi, AOTC Dooku and Yoda) but a big selection of what was seen is still missing in action on the PO front.

Here's the list from this year (with a few others from the recent past thrown in)

ANH Death Star Trooper (Deluxe with guard station)
R1 Tank Pilot Trooper
R1 Baze Malbus
ROTS Commander Cody
ROTS Airborne Trooper
AOTC Jango Fett
ESB "Bespin Gown" Princess Leia
Solo "Chewbacca"
Solo "Mimban Trooper"
Solo "Range Trooper"
ROTJ "Endor" Luke
ROTJ "Endor" Leia

Gotta wonder if the slow down with SW is stemming from the glut of sequel figures or production backlog. Who knows....I just wonder if this will be the new norm?
Big teases of figures that never see the light of day after being displayed at shows...let me know if I missed any.

Good idea for a thread. This has really emerged as a problem since that comment by Howard about how they use show teases to gauge whether a figure is made or not. How they assess that interest I guess is hard to know - retailer excitement and amount of chatter on places like Freaks? (but wait... HT never pays any attention to what's posted on here...:monkey3:lol)

Other than the Tank Pilot (which I forgot about,) I put together these images below to show what was clearly shown as an upcoming release but now seems to be "firmly dead" (as opposed to "still possibles," like Endor Luke, Endor Leia, the Solo list, and the stuff revealed at SDCC.)

zMRKw5r.jpg

VCWyDZ2.jpg

Sbr8PMt.jpg

You should also post this at the start of the thread:

EKzHhYf.png

That Death Star Trooper is incredible.

The 6” Hasbro with face print tech is also really nice. It’s onlylike $12 on Amazon. Looks like a mini Hot Toys with that new face tech they’re using.

Good idea for a thread. This has really emerged as a problem since that comment by Howard about how they use show teases to gauge whether a figure is made or not. How they assess that interest I guess is hard to know - retailer excitement and amount of chatter on places like Freaks? (but wait... HT never pays any attention to what's posted on here...:monkey3:lol)

Other than the Tank Pilot (which I forgot about,) I put together these images below to show what was clearly shown as an upcoming release but now seems to be "firmly dead" (as opposed to "still possibles," like Endor Luke, Endor Leia, the Solo list, and the stuff revealed at SDCC.)

zMRKw5r.jpg

VCWyDZ2.jpg

Sbr8PMt.jpg

You should also post this at the start of the thread:

EKzHhYf.png

This comp and tombstone are amazing. Says it all... Right Hot Toys?! 😠
Great idea for a thread Jedibear 👍🏽

^ yep Krait Luke although he was only teased on Instagram I think.

Back