New comic Predator - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can any comic fans identify the big guy standing tall in this picture? People are suggesting it's Ahab, but it looks different to me. I will update the thread and title as more info becomes available...

ADIX7pz.jpg

Much more interested in the Predator 2 bust in the background... not sure if that'll be a standalone variant like the Miller Bats bust or if it's just a teaser for the upcoming City Hunter statue.

Much more interested in the Predator 2 bust in the background... not sure if that'll be a standalone variant like the Miller Bats bust or if it's just a teaser for the upcoming City Hunter statue.

THAT looks like it could be the unmasked head (and stand) off the Sideshow 1:4 P2 maquette to me :dunno

Pose is different but I'm thinking if they're doing a comic predator....likely to start at the very beginning....
314ae309c3fcf6db1791aa4dc2a5ae59.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Was toying with that possibility as well. But why, oh why would they have it displayed next to their own, far superior products?

Sculptors are fans and collectors too.

It's also a way of looking at what your competition made that didn't work so well . . .

. . . although that would be better done with Sadshow's unmasked P1 head (the 2017 one) :lol

THAT looks like it could be the unmasked head (and stand) off the Sideshow 1:4 P2 maquette to me :dunno

It's definitely the P2 maquette head, I forgot to mention it in the opening post. Weird, but I'm assuming that somebody over at P1 is just a fan of the City hunter and owns the statue. I highly doubt Prime 1 will be using it for reference, they have a better eye than the people Sideshow have been using lately fir their Predators.

Thank me later.. found this about an hour after they posted it, cbf’ed making a thread tho as I’m too lazy to get on my PC to do it hahaha

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/973153.jpg

Hmmm, the hip area is undeniably very similar, and unique also so you might be on to something there. But other areas don't match up to that specific image. I guess we'll find out at some point.

Thank me later.. found this about an hour after they posted it . . .

Thanks Steve!

. . . Hmmm, the hip area is undeniably very similar, and unique also so you might be on to something there. But other areas don't match up to that specific image. I guess we'll find out at some point.

Yeah - looks a lot like the comic cover to me too. If that IS what it is - another easy pass & yet MORE money saved :lol

All these new attempts in huge scales and they are all (for my tastes) poor designs. Maybe Narin should get some of his older stuff scanned and printed at larger scales - THOSE I'd buy!

2018-09-06_New_Dark_Horse_mag.jpg

Thanks Steve!

Yeah - looks a lot like the comic cover to me too. If that IS what it is - another easy pass & yet MORE money saved :lol

All these new attempts in huge scales and they are all (for my tastes) poor designs. Maybe Narin should get some of his older stuff scanned and printed at larger scales - THOSE I'd buy!

2018-09-06_New_Dark_Horse_mag.jpg

Yeah, if that's what they are going with, I'm out too.

Regarding Narin's work at larger scales... Amen! I think it's just wishful thinking though at this point, but I sure could use some at 1/4.

The spear and skull base looks similar too. That’s the only comic Pred I could find that even slightly matches the statue. And yeah, I’m not a huge fan either. Just holding out on the movies statues and P1 bust

Quite impressed I nailed it tbh. For once being a Pred comic nerd paid off 😂 awesome statue but I don't have the room to go ham on every Pred statue. Really just waiting for JH and Wolf tbh

Quite impressed I nailed it tbh. For once being a Pred comic nerd paid off �� awesome statue but I don't have the room to go ham on every Pred statue. Really just waiting for JH and Wolf tbh

Yup. Bring on wolf

Quite impressed I nailed it tbh. For once being a Pred comic nerd paid off  awesome statue but I don't have the room to go ham on every Pred statue. Really just waiting for JH and Wolf tbh

We've got the JH, I'm not sure they will make another? I imagine Wolf can't be that far away. Prime 1 don't half pump out product at a rate of speed....

We've got the JH, I'm not sure they will make another? I imagine Wolf can't be that far away. Prime 1 don't half pump out product at a rate of speed....

Oh sorry wasn't quite clear when I included JH in the 'just waiting' part. I've got him on PO so I'm still technically waiting haha. But yeah hopefully we'll have a wolf reveal by SDCC 2021

Oh sorry wasn't quite clear when I included JH in the 'just waiting' part. I've got him on PO so I'm still technically waiting haha. But yeah hopefully we'll have a wolf reveal by SDCC 2021

Ah, I see. I'm surprised we haven't seen a wolf yet, but it's surely only a matter of time. The Wolf LSF is still one of only a few statues that I genuinely regret not buying. Here's to hoping that Prime 1 can resolve that for me...

Ah, I see. I'm surprised we haven't seen a wolf yet, but it's surely only a matter of time. The Wolf LSF is still one of only a few statues that I genuinely regret not buying. Here's to hoping that Prime 1 can resolve that for me...

Oath man on missing out on the LSB. I remember I was 15 years old at the time and thinking damn I want that, but obviously being so young couldn't afford it, and it seems to literally be scaling with me age lmao.

A Prime 1 Wolf I believe very well could top the LSF due to Prime 1's quality control and paint apps. We got a teaser of wolf years ago but have seen nothing since. So hopefully hell be shown in the next year.

Btw is P1 making movie 1:3, comic 1:4? Thats what it seem like they are doing for their alien.

Back