Starship Troopers 1/6 Arachnid bug - Gantaku

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
I stumbled across this today and it looks very interesting. It also looks massive!! I love SST, and always liked the design of the Arachnids. Very few details to share currently as there's little in English to read about, other than the following quote...

"GANTAKU -Starship Troopers HUGE BUG Statue Video Show in Exhibition,PO coming soon"

The video which is embedded on FB... https://www.facebook.com/453460541499967/videos/2205004936409240/

mqUHV2X.jpg

TwLo9C2.jpg

9uk9SNB.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up Matt - VERY nice - but WAY too big.

Probably about the same size as Sideshow's old 1:1 Queen Facehugger?

Seems like I'm faced with 2 choices these days:

• Stuff that is too big - so I pass.
  • Stuff from Sideshow (at the right scale but usually crappy quality) - so I pass.

Ah well - maybe my collection had got too big anyways :lol

Add to that the price of these things!

I really like the bug but size and I'm sure the price will make this an easy pass.

Yeah, I don't really have the ability to house this at all. But it does look seriously cool. If they make a smaller one, I'm listening though....

And here I thought I was the only one that loved that movie. 😂

And here I thought I was the only one that loved that movie. 😂

Hell no - a classic! - AMAZING movie! - clever plot & premise, great characters & acting, great special-effects (and Dina Meyer doesn't exactly make it any worse :wink1: ).

Didn't appreciate some of the movies that followed - but did like the cartoons.

Love the original Starship Troopers too! Wish there was more product on offer.

Wouldn't buy this though.

For one, the size. Yeah, where would you put this? And how much will it cost.

But mostly. It's clearly based on the latest CG movie, Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars.

The differences in the Warrior design are too many for me to ignore. They made it more spikey, chunky. (See below).

It doesn't look bad, but I prefer the original, it's more elegant, and that's where my nostalgia lies.

ArachnidComparison.jpg

It's a mystery why we've not seen 1/6 figures from this movie. Most of the gear and weapons can be reused for different characters, keeping costs down. Even if an official release is not possible, we've seen plenty of unofficial figures put out that compare very well to legitimate licensed ones. Just call them Bug Soldiers.

oh ****, I need this in my frontward to scare those deers around the town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they come out with a 1/12 scale later on. That thing is too big for me but I really like it and half that size would work, although if it was strong enough that would be great to attach to the ceiling like its walking on it...... I have room on the ceiling......lol I thought he movie was great.

Back