Adapting Sideshow boots for use on HT bodies.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asgardianboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I searched for "sideshow feet hot toys bodies" and found nothing.
Google on this issue is either fuzzy or negative.

So here it is: my application is for Sideshow Boba Fett or clone feet (I love those flexed feet) on HT bodies, but the problem is the same for anybody trying to reuse any Sideshow footwear on HT bodies. It just won't work, but is there anything that can possibly be done to alter the feet connectors so that they can be reused?

Has anybody already tried 3D printing a foot connector that on one side is SSC, then comes that funny ball that does the articulation trick for SSC, then off continues a rod, which ends à la HT? (with a ball that is inserted into the HT ankle)

Thanks everybody.
m.

A few years ago I had a SS Boba on HT body. Pull out the connectors on the SS boots and stick the HT ball peg into the boot. That should be all you need to do. Heat the boots a little of course to make them more manageable.

A few years ago I had a SS Boba on HT body. Pull out the connectors on the SS boots and stick the HT ball peg into the boot. That should be all you need to do. Heat the boots a little of course to make them more manageable.

But how come?? You know as well as I do that SSC connectors are wildly different from HT's. The hole in the SSC foot is incompatible with the HT foot peg, right??

Thanks,
m.

Yep. Works perfectly.
e72bd05caf32cf8c28e323831d5a754b.jpg

I should note I did this with the Boba v1 figure. Not sure if the feet molds were changed for V2 but yes, the boot should work fine by just inserting the HT Barbell into the hole that's left. There's enough friction that you can pose the figure in some good dynamic stances and it won't fall over. I used to swap all of my SS figures (which wasn't too many) and attached all of their feet in the same manner.

** Mchaley's photo shows it perfectly.

Last edited:
yup. works fine. i did the same with my Sideshow joes.

just boil some water., and then drop the sideshow feet in for about 10-20 seconds.

Yep. Works perfectly.
e72bd05caf32cf8c28e323831d5a754b.jpg

Can't believe it.......
Did you cause any damange by doing this? How can that big sphere on each end of the HT ankle peg fit into the smaller hole? Does articulation work right? Do the pegs move properly? Do the high boots restrict ankle movement?

Did anybody try this same trick on any SSC clones?

Thanks,
m.

Can't believe it.......
Did you cause any damange by doing this? How can that big sphere on each end of the HT ankle peg fit into the smaller hole? Does articulation work right? Do the pegs move properly? Do the high boots restrict ankle movement?

Did anybody try this same trick on any SSC clones?

Thanks,
m.

Everything works fine. No damage. Did the same thing with SSC GI Joe Destro boots. Don’t have any of the clones.

Everything works fine. No damage. Did the same thing with SSC GI Joe Destro boots. Don’t have any of the clones.

Great! Thanks everybody.
As to range of motion, do those Boba boots hamper the ankle?

And you guys did this to switch the ssc bodies to ht bodies?

Thanks,
m.

Back