Spider-Man 3 pizza box prop ideas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to think of a fun prop to go with my Spider-Man 3 blue-and-red suit Spidey fig, and a stack of pizza boxes (ala Spider-Man 2) seems most appropriate.

Has anyone ever made any? Would I be able to make some myself and if so, what materials would you recommend?

I should imagine making and assembling the boxes out of medium-weight card, fold them, glue them together, etc would be OK, but how would you make the rope binders that go around them?

a bizarre request I know, but if I can't find help here, then there's no hope at all! cheers

Find a high res, unfolded pizza box layout on Google Images, decorate it in GIMP or whatever photo editor you want, and print it on cardstock. Cut and fold like the real thing. We play a lot of tricks of the eye in 1/6 but sometimes just shrinking the real thing down is the easiest way to replicate something.

For the rope, just use 1/6 scale rope. It's most commonly referred to as, "string." ;) You can find it at most hardware stores or an arts and crafts type place like Michael's. A hobby shop might have something suitable as well.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to use some 1mm thick nylon string, or maybe something that's called 'baker's twine' for the ropes.

The pizza boxes themselves shouldn't be too problematic, just a standard cut-and-fold job when printed out.

Might need to weigh the boxes down, perhaps with a few coins in them, to give it the appropriate-looking weight...

If the bakers twine is white, you can try staining it by dipping it in coffee or tea and letting it dry. I believe the ropes in the movie were brown?

ETA: Nope. Just looked. He delivered the pizzas to Bones (Emily Deschanel) with bungee cords.

Back