1/6 Redman Toys Coppola's Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Redman are at it again...

dr.jpg

dr2.jpg

Re: 1/6 Redman Toys Bram Stoker's Dracula

Wow, what do they do just pick up the Rainman figures, recast and rip off patterns? I have the Rainman figs, but somewhat curious to see how these compare. Yikes.

Wow, seems like they are going to rip off Lee’s entire catalog.

I can't find any mention of this anywhere else....is this for real?

Redman are at it again...

39223317_1886373055000574_2043927992173854720_n.jpg

39227126_1886373061667240_1506312255535316992_n.jpg

Well, huh. Maybe this is one of the reasons Rainman said "screw it" and quit. it's a real drag seeing your stuff pirated that way I suppose. Makes the perceived value of the originals lessen I would think. What's next Exorcist and Psycho?:slap

I'd like to raise some controversy here.

I totally get the outrage about stealing the artist's work, but in my opinion Rainman is a brand that is not gonna be much affected by recasts.

Their limited runs of figures are targeted for a very specific group of collectors who will continue to support them regardless.

Redman figures are of inferior quality when compared to the originals, and no amount of Photoshop edits will be able to change that.

And collectors who are not able to afford Rainman's figures still wouldn't buy them, regardless of the amont of recasts available.

Watched the film again for the first time in years.

First time out I remember loving it, but thought it was pretty awful this time, and fast forwarded through the last twenty minutes just to get it over and done with.

Also looked at the original Rainman figures on the old thread in the new forum: https://customonesixth.com/index.php?threads/rainman-artworks-dracula.163349/page-62

Not really impressed with those either, especially the old 'drac' queen's costume.

Will be interesting to see what the Redman figures look like but any interest I had yesterday evening in getting them has since evaporated.

Day one buy for me, it's the only film version of Draucla I love. Only film adaptation close to the book for that matter. I would have gotten the Rainman set but honestly didn't know about it till it was sold out so these will have to do.

Oh yes. Red armour Dracula as well please!

I just Googled images of the Rainman version, and yes, it does look way superior. That said, on my budget, I will probably get these. Following the lottery win, I'll replace any of the knock-offs in my collection with the real deal!

Back