Question about waitlist re: life size Baby Groot (now sold out on Sideshow)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixthScaleFan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm on the waitlist for the life size Baby Groot on Sideshow, but I see it just went to Sold out instead of having the "Join Waitlist" option. I've been on the waitlist since May 17. Will it now be cancelled or are they still going through stock and I still may have a chance? I've never been on a waitlist before so I don't know exactly how these things go.
I'm waiting til it gets cancelled before I try to get it somewhere else.
Thanks for any responses.

typically when their inventory reads sold out, they are done. i'd source from some place else if it were me.

I think it’s still possible it converts. I was on the Yondu Deluxe waitlist and then I saw that it disappeared from the Hot Toys section, so I assumed that it had sold out. I think a couple of weeks passed and then it converted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it’s still possible it converts. I was on the Yondu Deluxe waitlist and then I saw that it disappeared from the Hot Toys section, so I assumed that it had sold out. I think a couple of weeks passed and then it converted.

I see. I'll keep waiting then. Thanks for the response!

I see. I'll keep waiting then. Thanks for the response!

Based on Pro Design’s comment though - there might be a difference. Did you actually see “Sold Out” or did you just see it drop off the Hot Toys page like I did? If it’s the latter, they may have just shut down accepting new people on the Waitlist. If it’s the former, then it probably does mean that they don’t have anymore inventory.

Based on Pro Design’s comment though - there might be a difference. Did you actually see “Sold Out” or did you just see it drop off the Hot Toys page like I did? If it’s the latter, they may have just shut down accepting new people on the Waitlist. If it’s the former, then it probably does mean that they don’t have anymore inventory.

Both actually. It's not on the page and I went to my order screen and it says sold out.

U still have a chance. I waitlisted hulk buster in Jan 2018. It was sold out shortly after that but my waitlist just got converted.

Yeah, sold out only means you can't get on the waitlist. My yondu and homecoming spiderman just converted as well. You'll get an email from sideshow saying they have cancelled your order if they can't fulfill it. Even then, they may still email you saying they've found one to send you.

The funny one was deadpool, got on the waitlist, it was cancelled by sideshow, then one day i logged into their site and lo and behold they had it up again, and ordered it. Just odd that they would cancel my waitlist, then put it on their site.

Yeah, sold out only means you can't get on the waitlist. My yondu and homecoming spiderman just converted as well. You'll get an email from sideshow saying they have cancelled your order if they can't fulfill it. Even then, they may still email you saying they've found one to send you.

The funny one was deadpool, got on the waitlist, it was cancelled by sideshow, then one day i logged into their site and lo and behold they had it up again, and ordered it. Just odd that they would cancel my waitlist, then put it on their site.
Oh, I see.
Hmm, that is odd.

Back