Disney’s Mulan (Live action) in theaters March 27. 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Snoopy

Dark Beagle of the Sith
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I thought there was already a thread for this, maybe there is one, but couldn't find one. Anyway...

Disney’s Mulan Kicks Off Production With First Photo

Mulan-1200-R.jpg

Disney has announced the official start of principal photography on Mulan with the release of the first look at Liu Yifei as the title character.

Directed by Niki Caro (Whale Rider, McFarland USA), the live-action adaptation of Disney’s beloved 1998 animated feature, following the epic adventure of a fearless young woman who masquerades as a man in order to fight Northern Invaders attacking China. When the Emperor issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the Imperial Army, she steps in to take the place of her ailing father as Hua Jun, becoming one of China’s greatest warriors.

The story of Hua Mulan is among China’s most popular folktales. Mulan Yifei is joined by Donnie Yen (Star Wars: Rogue One), Jason Scott Lee (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny), Yoson An (The Meg), Utkarsh Ambudkar (Pitch Perfect), Ron Yuan (Marco Polo), Tzi Ma (Arrival), Rosalind Chao (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), Cheng Pei-Pei (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), Nelson Lee and Chum Ehelepola, with Gong Li (Memoirs of a Geisha, Raise the Red Lantern) and Jet Li (Shaolin Temple, Lethal Weapon 4).

Written by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Jurassic World, In the Heart of the Sea) and Elizabeth Martin and Lauren Hynek, based on the narrative poem “The Ballad of Mulan,” Mulan arrives in theaters March 27. 2020.

Gotta love Disney. I thought Aladdin was supposed to be next.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I guess its inevitable to cash in on nostalgia rather than new ideas.....old is safe and mostly a guaranteed money maker...

But I am getting burned out on nostalgia. If I want to see Mulan and I can just watch the original.

Jungle book was good, but was it really needed?
Are any of these really needed? There are a ton of properties that are out there waiting to be done.....

Hell, I would rather see another Tron Sequel over these remakes....Beauty and the Beast was fun, but really really not needed and overall forget-able , unlike the original....

The question is ,
Do all these remakes tarnish/cheapen the original?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I guess its inevitable to cash in on nostalgia rather than new ideas.....old is safe and mostly a guaranteed money maker...

But I am getting burned out on nostalgia. If I want to see Mulan and I can just watch the original.

Jungle book was good, but was it really needed?
Are any of these really needed? There are a ton of properties that are out there waiting to be done.....

Hell, I would rather see another Tron Sequel over these remakes....Beauty and the Beast was fun, but really really not needed and overall forget-able , unlike the original....

I would say no.

However, I enjoy seeing the live action remakes especially with today's SFX. Everyone else's mileage will vary.

The question is ,
Do all these remakes tarnish/cheapen the original?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Not to me.

No movie is ever needed. I like to watch the live action versions and go back and watch the animated version as well. Nothing will ever cheapen the originals to me. I liked the new Jungle Book and I am looking forward to Aladdin and Mulan and Lion King. The same can be said for all of the sequels that are coming out. There is nothing that is raping anyone's childhood. Watch what you like and ignore the rest.

No mushu no movie for me. Apparently they don’t have songs or mushu.so they can kiss my ass

Basically this movie was made for the Chinese market with the removal of animated characters like Mushu cause that will **** on the legend of Mulan, which is taught in schools had no such "nonsense" and Disney wants this to make $500M in China alone.

Basically this movie was made for the Chinese market with the removal of animated characters like Mushu cause that will **** on the legend of Mulan, which is taught in schools had no such "nonsense" and Disney wants this to make $500M in China alone.

Really? Okie dokie then.

Problem is, we already have a gazillion live action Mulan films in China. Another one wouldn't make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Racist Asian stereotypes. Not a good look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back