Star Wars: Episode IX - What should Rey's origin be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should Rey's origin be?

• She really is a nobody

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • She's a Skywalker

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • She's a Solo

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • She's a Kenobi

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • She's a creation of Snoke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She's a creation of Plagueis

• She's a creation of Snoke, who is Plagueis

• I've stopped caring

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I never cared

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
The final instalment of the main Star Wars saga should settle once and for all Rey's origin - is she really a "nobody" or something greater?

What's your preference?

(For the record, I vote she's a creation of Snoke, who's also Plagueis)

I mostly don't care anymore, but the SW fan in me wants her to be a Kenobi which will then open to a stand alone Kenobi movie that shows his relationship with a woman on Tatooine.

I mostly don't care anymore, but the SW fan in me wants her to be a Kenobi which will then open to a stand alone Kenobi movie that shows his relationship with a woman on Tatooine.

I always thought she was a Skywalker but this would be an interesting story.

Sadly, I also have lost most interest in it since TLJ. Abrams would have to perform the biggest movie mop up in history to get me involved in the story as much as I was when TFA first played.

I love that TLJ separated the wheat from the chaff.

I can’t see her being a Skywalker or a creation of Snoke working too well and think her being a nobody was always misdirection. Whatever is decided I hope it’s surprising and more than spoonfeeding the fanfic pablum some folks have built up in their heads over years.

umKXQLx.png

We've already established that she was a nobody, and I don't think they should backtrack. To do so would be to embolden the entitled geek fans who think that these films should be made by a committee versed in the most popular fan fiction out there. I'm also happy with how the Sopranos ended, so I may be an outlier, but I support artistic liberty, even if I don't always feel the decisions were the most satisfying on an emotional level.

We've already established that she was a nobody, and I don't think they should backtrack. To do so would be to embolden the entitled geek fans who think that these films should be made by a committee versed in the most popular fan fiction out there. I'm also happy with how the Sopranos ended, so I may be an outlier, but I support artistic liberty, even if I don't always feel the decisions were the most satisfying on an emotional level.

AMEN!

I think she is Luke secret love child with Leia.....the real reason Han left....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

We've already established that she was a nobody, and I don't think they should backtrack. To do so would be to embolden the entitled geek fans who think that these films should be made by a committee versed in the most popular fan fiction out there.

Well Luke kind of became a nobody with questionable drinking habits so they could still try and eat their cake and have it too by making him Rey's dad.

How else would Kylo Ren have known?

"Hey Ben did I ever tell you about the time I sold off Little Miss Perfect for a few extra swills? I was on Jakku giving a piece of my map to some old loser and suddenly got hella thirsty, heh heh heh."

giphy.gif

...most stupid, and nonesense character in SW history. Like Rian said "shes nobody with KK natural force sensitive power" :lol

To do so would be to embolden the entitled geek fans who think that these films should be made by a committee versed in the most popular fan fiction out there.

Isn't that what the Lucasfilm Story Group is?

I'm not being facetious - I actually agree with your point despite my dislike of TLJ.

Well Luke kind of became a nobody with questionable drinking habits so they could still try and eat their cake and have it too by making him Rey's dad.

How else would Kylo Ren have known?

"Hey Ben did I ever tell you about the time I sold off Little Miss Perfect for a few extra swills? I was on Jakku giving a piece of my map to some old loser and suddenly got hella thirsty, heh heh heh."

giphy.gif

Apparently reading someone's thoughts also gives you the thoughts of every person they ever met.

Maxi big da force.

giphy.gif

I would prefer they salvage the series by making her a Skywalker or a Kenobi. However, I think they should make her past some Game of Thrones-type ***** akin to Jon's 'Ice and Fire" lineage with parents from the good and the dark side of the force.

Back