Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #13 Jodie Whittaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChaserFan

Super Freak
Reaction score
DkO0NGzWwAApWJT.jpg:large

I'm a wonderful person actually, but the headsculpt looks like Kirsten Dunst.

It would not matter if it were inarguably the best sculpt ever realised in 1:6 scale, you would undoubtedly hate it. You are a perennial malcontent, particularly with BIG Chief products and you don't even buy them.

It would not matter if it were inarguably the best sculpt ever realised in 1:6 scale, you would undoubtedly hate it. You are a perennial malcontent, particularly with BIG Chief products and you don't even buy them.

Oh boy, must be selective reading on your part. I've praised things from BCS in the past, but whatever suits your agenda i guess. Also, I've purchased BCS products in the past, none recently since nothing has interested me. Also I'm not sure I'd purchase much more since the nose rub Bond debacle was far too much.

Oh boy, must be selective reading on your part. I've praised things from BCS in the past, but whatever suits your agenda i guess. Also, I've purchased BCS products in the past, none recently since nothing has interested me. Also I'm not sure I'd purchase much more since the nose rub Bond debacle was far too much.

You mean the nose rub issue that was fixed right? Do you seriously believe that this issue will be repeated? Be honest you have had it in for us for years. You purchased 3 Amy heads from us, you didn't even buy the figure direct. What few positive comments you may have offered pales into insignificance next to the vastness of negative bile you have spewed. And it is not just ourselves, your reputation precedes itself as the perpetual "expert" always at the ready with ill informed, unfounded nonsense. You, along with a band of un-merry men, are not offering a service, you are not "the voice of the collector". There are so many good people here, who offer genuine critique and suggestions, but sadly you have collectively made this a joyless experience. And for the record we reserve the right to sell or not to sell and we would never sell you a single product direct, so that should keep you happy.

You mean the nose rub issue that was fixed right? Do you seriously believe that this issue will be repeated? Be honest you have had it in for us for years. You purchased 3 Amy heads from us, you didn't even buy the figure direct. What few positive comments you may have offered pales into insignificance next to the vastness of negative bile you have spewed. And it is not just ourselves, your reputation precedes itself as the perpetual "expert" always at the ready with ill informed, unfounded nonsense. You, along with a band of un-merry men, are not offering a service, you are not "the voice of the collector". There are so many good people here, who offer genuine critique and suggestions, but sadly you have collectively made this a joyless experience. And for the record we reserve the right to sell or not to sell and we would never sell you a single product direct, so that should keep you happy.

Wait, because I didn't buy the figures directly means I didn't support the company? Really?! I would have gladly done so if your prices weren't sky high and if the CS didn't suck.

I figured saying it was terrible was an honest critique. OK here's this, the hair looks like spaghetti and there aren't many facial details. When run through facial recognition software it only recognizes it as 47% JW, not even 50%.

Instead of deflecting maybe your company should look themselves in the mirror and realize customers aren't getting their money's worth.

As far as the nose rub is concerned, it took way too long to get replacements. I've read more than one account of people not even wanting their Bond's because the wait ruined their experience.

Step up your game or make wholesale changes.

You wouldn't see to me direct? Totally laughable and suchave BS. If I wanted the Bond figures I bet you'd sell them to me since you've already marked them down to get rid of them.

Last edited:
Wait, because I didn't buy the figures directly means I didn't support the company? Really?! I would have gladly done so if your prices weren't sky high and if the CS didn't suck.

Our prices are not sky high and if you had a single ounce of knowledge of running a commercial enterprise and working with licensed products, you would understand that prices are determined by the volumes sold, allied to the numerous margins required in the chain of sale. You see prices from other companies, again mainly those from the Far East, that are frankly way too low and you believe that everyone else should match them. Guess what prices are going up not down. Look at Hot Toys, who’s numbers are on the decline and so their prices have had to go up. It is pointless trying to reason with you, however, as you have no grasp of what it takes to make one of these figures, you only think you do because you've bought one or two. Yet you would not complain if a customiser here would charge you $500 for a suit alone. Economies of scale, quality of license, distribution sales all have to be taken into account.

There will undoubtedly be some unhappy that they do not believe they have had their problem dealt with in the way they wanted. We continue to do our best to sort out issues or problems for customers, sometimes it is not possible. You get a whole lot more from BIG Chief in the way of support than you do from a lot of other companies, particularly those in the Far East.

I figured saying it was terrible was an honest critique. OK here's this, the hair looks like spaghetti and there aren't many facial details. When run through facial recognition software it only recognizes it as 47% JW, not even 50%.

Your comments offered no critique none at all and fell into your usual category of "bile". We sat waiting for the first comment and what a surprise... Underworld54 came through as expected.

Instead of deflecting maybe your company should look themselves in the mirror and realize customers aren't getting their money's worth.

More bile. We are not deflecting we are aiming squarely at you, an online trouble-maker with nothing better to do than to desperately try to "warn" others about the awfulness of our products.

As far as the nose rub is concerned, it took way too long to get replacements. I've read more than one account of people not even wanting their Bond's because the wait ruined their experience.

And you are an authority on such things are you? You know the exact timeframe in which issues should be resolved. We resolved it, not as quickly as we would have liked to, but we resolved it, end of. Seriously so hurt by the bad experience? How old are these people 5? "No I tried broccoli and it tasted funny, I won't try it again." Gees, if you're a Bond fan and you collect this kind of product, then you should not be put off by an issue that will not be repeated. Ask yourself given how far we went with the packaging, do you really think that this was intentionally left out? This was an error by the factory, not us and unfortunately was not known until the products arrived at our warehouse. Get a grip.

Step up your game or make wholesale changes.

Perhaps you would like to offer us a consultancy rate as you clearly are a master of business...

You wouldn't see to me direct? Totally laughable and suchave BS. If I wanted the Bond figures I bet you'd sell them to me since you've already marked them down to get rid of them.

Wrong again. We increased the price at the beginning of 2017 to enable us to sell to distributors at the discount rate that would work for them, you see because that is a reality of business, they make their slice of pie and we were previously only able to offer them a small slice. Those who purchased the First Editions back in February 2016 paid £209.99 (inc. VAT). The increased 2017 price was £229.99 (inc. VAT). We have only discounted the prices back to what we first offered the figures for. We dropped the price of the Limited Edition pieces to £189.99 (inc. VAT) as these were the pieces offered to retailers, who discount the prices anyway, so we were not selling for any less than other retailers. And in any case this was for a limited period only.

The most frustrating aspect of this hobby is when collectors, after collecting for a period of time, assume that experience collecting translates, in any way, into experience manufacturing or marketing said collectibles.

It's like saying "I love eating hamburgers. I've been eating hamburgers for 10 years. I know what makes a good hamburger. I'm going to open up a hamburger chain that will put McDonald's out of business"

Most collectors will be surprised to learn it's not as easy as just telling a factory "See this Hot Toys figure? Make me something just as good."

He didn't just say terrible, he said terrible likeness, which in my book is a valid criticism. Besides which, everyone is entitled to their views, whether you happen to like them or not, whether you agree with them or not. You can debate them, disagree with them, ignore them, all fine. But resorting to petty personal insults instead is, frankly, childish, and reflects worse on the person saying it and the company they represent than it does on the person they are insulting, regardless of whether it is believed that they have form as far as being negative goes or not. And a representative of a company acting that way I find hugely unprofessional, and genuinely puts me off as a customer.

Terrible way to represent a company among potential customers, just terrible. And childish.

A company is the company that you keep, the people that make it.

So a person here can be rude and offensive and childish because they are dealing with a company? No.

No more.

We are people and we work hard.

We do welcome constructive criticism, “hair looks like spaghetti” is not constructive, it is rude. Give an actual reason why you think it is bad, not fine enough, not loose enough etc etc. We can work with that. We will not continue to ignore the constant negativity from certain users here.

My comments were aimed squarely at Underpants54 (now that's childish). He is a constant source of hate and spite and his comments have no basis other than to try and discredit us.

You don't get a pass because you're being offensive to a company.

Respect is a two-way street. Underworld has done nothing but bash BCS, and other companies, from the jump, and in my view, has cultivated a reputation around here for nagetivity to the point of being a detriment to the community. If your only response to a new figure is "Terrible", then just don't post anything.

Like most companies we were naive when we started and we thought we could be a part of this community. Like most companies we found out the hard way. It is exactly why most do not bother posting here, unless they sponsor or spend money here.

No one here expects everyone to like what we do. You should be in the office when things get heated over how something looks or has turned out not as expected.

We do not expect people to fall at our feet and we welcome a bit of humour in comments, after all these are toys for heavens sake.

If Underworld54 comments were once in a blue moon, we would not have said a word. We are standing up to him because it is constant. He takes every opportunity to be rude and negative. He comments are abusive and border on being defamatory. Heck if were based in the US we could probably sue him.

No one wants our products to be perfect more than us. Reality is not quite so obliging sadly and dealing with factories thousands of miles away, that speak a different language and have a different work ethic is no easy task. If many here knew the full in an out they would have a better understanding.

It is good to know that there are genuine people here who want the community to be a positive one.

What complete and utter thin-skinned self serving bollocks.

Being offensive is any criticism that you don't appreciate. And your company has always been sooooo good at accepting valid criticism in the past, right? But hey, whatever, do as you will. Enjoy alienating yet more of your customer base, it's no skin off my nose.

And there it is... “We ARE the community. We ARE your customers.” It was only a matter of time. Get in Dave’s boat Drake there's still space...

Do you know how you stack up, seriously in terms of percentage of sales? Keep the insults coming.

Wow, never thought I would see more positivity for a figure in a FB post than on here. Lol

Personally I think the figure and sculpt look fantastic, and don't know how anyone couldn't see a strong likeness there. I'm also really happy to see they went with sculpted hair over rooted, as that just never works for short hair like this (see IW Black Widow).

Will definitely be ordering this. :)

And there it is... “We ARE the community. We ARE your customers.” It was only a matter of time. Get in Dave’s boat Drake there's still space...

Do you know how you stack up, seriously in terms of percentage of sales? Keep the insults coming.

I've been a customer since day one, so I've been watching and paying attention to the way that you and Big Chief have behaved since day one, and that record has been absolutely woeful at times. I could list example after example, but unlike you I'm not looking for a fight, so I'm done here. But do keep up with the personal attacks, it's always such a classy look. After all, nothing screams professionalism like insulting people on a message board.

Wow, never thought I would see more positivity for a figure in a FB post than on here. Lol

Personally I think the figure and sculpt look fantastic, and don't know how anyone couldn't see a strong likeness there. I'm also really happy to see they went with sculpted hair over rooted, as that just never works for short hair like this (see IW Black Widow).

Will definitely be ordering this. :)

To be honest the response has been largely very good, bar the expected "critique".

I want to make this very clear, this is not aimed at all members.

We have simply had enough of Underworld54 and his constant attacks on each and every thread about our products.

We previously contacted admin advising them of his unwarranted and unacceptable behaviour toward our company.

I am glad that you appreciate the figure, which was approved by both talent and the licensor.

Back