‘Supergirl’ Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Snoopy

Dark Beagle of the Sith
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw this on my news feed.

‘Supergirl’ Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.

[FONT=&quot]Well it’s not [/FONT]Man of Steel 2[FONT=&quot], but Warner Bros. is officially developing a [/FONT]Supergirl[FONT=&quot]movie. The news comes via Deadline, who reports that [/FONT]Oren Uziel[FONT=&quot]—whose credits range from [/FONT]22 Jump Street[FONT=&quot] to [/FONT]The Cloverfield Paradox[FONT=&quot] to writing and directing the Netflix film [/FONT]Shimmer Lake[FONT=&quot]—is working on the script. Beyond that, there’s really not much else. This is a project that is in the very early stages, and doesn’t even have a producer yet, but clearly Warner Bros. and DC are interested enough in bringing [/FONT]Supergirl[FONT=&quot] to the big screen to get the ball rolling.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deadline notes that the idea here could be reflective of the rumors that Warner Bros. and DC are looking “to create a new template for future Superman movies.” Man of Steel kicked this whole shebang off with Zack Snyder’s Batman Begins-esque take on Superman, which was followed by what was essentially a “First Draft” of the DCEU. After the disappointment of Justice League and critical shellacking of Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. opted to change course, oust Snyder, and plot a new path forward.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Image via DC Comics[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That new course is being spearheaded by executive Walter Hamada, whose new slate of DC movies includes Shazam! and the female-fronted Birds of Preystarring Margot Robbie, as well as the standalone The Jokerstarring Joaquin Phoenix. These are all in addition to Aquamanand The Flash, which began development while Snyder was still steering the ship, as well as next year’s sequel Wonder Woman 1984.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Through it all, however, fans have been clamoring for Man of Steel 2. The first Superman movie wasn’t the smashing box office success that Warner Bros. was hoping for, hence the entrance of Batman in the follow-up as opposed to a traditional sequel. There have been rumblings that Matthew Vaughn (Kingsman) may direct Man of Steel 2, but news of the Supergirlmovie could mean this project might happen first, with Henry Cavill’s Superman (or a new, different Superman—but hopefully not) making some sort of appearance that would then lead into a new Superman movie.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Supergirl is already a hit on the small screen, with the Greg Berlanti-produced TV series adaptation heading into its fourth season. Warner Bros. Pictures, however, has thus far been wholly unconcerned with the successful CW-verse DC Comics shows, basically letting them do their thing while crafting its own separate movie adaptations, like Ezra Miller’s Flash.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warner Bros. is also developing a Batgirl movie, as well as Matt Reeves’ upcoming The Batman, so the two most iconic DC heroes may be making way for their female counterparts to get to the screen first. Or perhaps we get Supergirl, then The Batman, then Batgirl. Or maybe The Batman actually does get off the ground first. At this point there’s a lot unknown and no guarantee any of these developing projects will actually get made, but the prospect of a Supergirl movie is definitely exciting.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then, of course, comes the casting. Who should play Supergirl in the film? Sound off in the comments below.[/FONT]

If this even gets made I have to wonder if it would end up like Wonder Woman where no critics dare give a negative review. :lol

I don't have much hope in anything DC related.... Even their animated department has declined with that stupid Ninja Batman movie...

If this even gets made I have to wonder if it would end up like Wonder Woman where no critics dare give a negative review. :lol

Sadly there is some truth to that.. I mean WW wasn't a horrible movie but it wasn't as great as most people were trying to make out to be. I've always been more of a DC fan then Marvel fan but if I had to rate WW among Marvel movies it would be towards the bottom of the list... I guess WW looked so great because all the other DC Movies set the bar so low... (Except MOS, I still enjoyed that movie) :)

This better not be as hot, hot as the new SSC's Supergirl PF. Don't make Mr. Green drool. Not pretty. Any younger and Mr. Green would be dangerously close to pedophile territory for liking such and such.

This better not be as hot, hot as the new SSC's Supergirl PF. Don't make Mr. Green drool. Not pretty. Any younger and Mr. Green would be dangerously close to pedophile territory for liking such and such.

Take it easy there James Gunn

Another DC movie in development- now this makes it like number 14 or 15? Don't get excited...

Wonder Woman = only success WB has in DC world = women for all new films

Supergirl
Batgirl
Aquagirl
Flash-ess
Cyborga
Wonder Woman Girl

But the me2's will have a problem with female exploitation so titles may be adjusted:

Superwoman
Batwoman

Superperson
Batperson

Wonder Woman = only success WB has in DC world = women for all new films

Supergirl
Batgirl
Aquagirl
Flash-ess
Cyborga
Wonder Woman Girl

But the me2's will have a problem with female exploitation so titles may be adjusted:

Superwoman
Batwoman

Superperson
Batperson

As funny as your post is, it rings so much of truth that it makes me sad to see the world we've come to... :(

Can't wait for these fruit cakes you know which movement i am talking about to pee off with their agendas. A girl is a girl a boy is a boy, a woman is a woman and a man is a man. If you want to feel you are something else you do that it doesn't make you that don't force me to call you something else and don't be offended by the biological terms in boy, girl, female and male.

Ruby Rose cast as Batwoman for the television show is already causing some ****storms.

I think people are upset because she is in the lgbtqi scene no idea in what way and it doesn't bother me to be honest. If she is a good actress and can play the role well that is good enough for me.

She's a lesbian. Some have a problem with that.

PoshYellowHoki-max-1mb.gif

Can't wait for these fruit cakes you know which movement i am talking about to pee off with their agendas. A girl is a girl a boy is a boy, a woman is a woman and a man is a man. If you want to feel you are something else you do that it doesn't make you that don't force me to call you something else and don't be offended by the biological terms in boy, girl, female and male.

So you're transgender-phobic?

She's a lesbian. Some have a problem with that.

PoshYellowHoki-max-1mb.gif

Batwoman is a lesbian with a wig so this works

Back