Asmus Toys - Azog the Defilier 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucky Underbelly

Hoarding Since '70
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Since work on him has been officially confirmed, I suppose this big nasty should have his own thread now ...

We need to find a fight for Thorin.

View attachment 421181

and check out that beastly butt
View attachment 421182

azog 1.jpg

azog 2.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of accessories and details are you hoping for?

Will they do his look from the first two movies? Or his armored Five Armies outfit? Regular arm? Hook arm? Sword arm? And would they ever consider making his white warg mount?

(I asked in the other thread and Asmus indicated they were planning to go with seamless arms and legs (like the HT Hulk or the 3Z Daryl/Merle/Michonne figures).)

Let the speculation begin!

very awesome!

Here's an idea that could allow for both regular ans hook arm. They can do like HT has done for the most recent Thor figure and make the shoulder joint a ball&socket joint so that you can swap out the arm easily.

How big is Azog supposed to be? Something like 7 feet? Because I could easily see Asmus being able to re-use a lot of the body components they develop for Azog for Lurtz or other Uruk-Hai. Or maybe even Bolg.

So glad this figure is finally happening, didn’t think we were gonna get him for a long time.

What kind of accessories and details are you hoping for?

Will they do his look from the first two movies? Or his armored Five Armies outfit?

I'm hoping Asmus will weigh in on which outfit they're going for (hint hint, c'mon guys). My gut tells me it'll be the look from the first two films, which is great; but i also love his armored look and if that's not the look they're going for then maybe releasing the armor as an accessorie set in the future would also be nice. In a perfect world though this figure would come with both outfits, but i don't see that happening.

I honestly think that making an armored version would save them the hassle of having to developed a seamless body. I'm not sure which direction would prove more cost efficient for Asmus but I'm honestly fine with any version so long as it has the claw/sword limb.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Things I'm hoping for:

-switch-out arms with hook (preferably metal) and original hand
-snarling or roaring expression
-mace

Things that would be super cool, but doubt they'll do:

-ice base
-switch-out BOFA sword arm
-BOFA armor
-stone on chain weapon from last battle
-decapitated head of Thror (from flashback)
-white warg

I think the inclusion of BOFA related accessories depends on how far along they are with the figure. If what was teased in that picture with Thorin is an actual prototype then it might be to late to go back and add BOFA stuff like his armor and sword arm. Perhaps in the future, if sales warrant it; we might get an accessory pack or a "BOFA version" of Azog.

That being; said i did ask them on facebook if they'll include his armor from the last film as extra accessories and they replied back that they'll pass the sugestion on to their team, so maybe there's hope.

Found these on Instagram (courtesy of Hossein Diba). Not sure how up to date the sculpt is but looks good so far if still relevant!

Screenshot_20180808-185028.jpg
Screenshot_20180808-185023.jpg

I loved the design of Azog so much. Love those little details! Really wish he wasn't CGI but I thought he was pretty well executed considering.

I wish he was practical, I think they could have pulled it off.

Sadly they couldn't settle on a design until the very end of production. I'm pretty sure the original Bolg and Yazneg costumes were for Azog at first but everything ended up being moved around and they went with motion capture last minute.

Sadly they couldn't settle on a design until the very end of production. I'm pretty sure the original Bolg and Yazneg costumes were for Azog at first but everything ended up being moved around and they went with motion capture last minute.

Yeah, I believe they were so crunched for time that they ended up having to shoot with Del Toro's character designs practically on set and later Jackson overlaid his designs digitally in post.

A fair number of my disappointments with the Hobbit trilogy seem to stem from the fact that the pre-production timeline was all messed up. Del Toro was on the movie for years, but the rights were tangled up between multiple studios so they couldn't start filming. Finally, Del Toro just couldn't wait any longer for a green light and he had to leave. Then suddenly the studios got their acts together and greenlit the whole thing. But they didn't have a director. Jackson didn't want to do it, but they were out of time. So he signed on with little prep and no real time to change up the script or designs to his liking. (They're both a-list filmmakers, but they have very different aesthetics. True, Jackson was exec producing, but as I understand it, he was letting Del Toro make the movie he wanted to make. Which was pretty different from the movie he would want to make.) So in the end it ended up being kind of a hodge-podge.

If I could visit the multi-verse, I'd love to see the movies Del Toro intended to make. I'd also love to see the movies Jackson would have made if given adequate prep time.

Yeah it was a shame the production was so troubled as there was a lot of great stuff in the movies over all but some bad decisions and choices. I love the Maple Films edit and watch that far more than I would ever watch the official versions nowadays!

Back