Star Trek: Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard!

PatStew-drag-closeup-1.jpg

I just want to know one thing....what will the Klingons look like?

This sounds fantastic. Patrick Stewart is the guy, and that was such a magical time. However, rather than trying to restart the anthology formula on the 90s, I would prefer a limited 10- to 12-episode series with most of the original crew back, original klingon designs, updated sets, cinematic production values, and an intriguing storyline. Then maybe they could do the same with DS9.

This sounds fantastic. Patrick Stewart is the guy, and that was such a magical time. However, rather than trying to restart the anthology formula on the 90s, I would prefer a limited 10- to 12-episode series with most of the original crew back, original klingon designs, updated sets, cinematic production values, and an intriguing storyline. Then maybe they could do the same with DS9.

I've been hoping that Hollywood would something like this for years. Not just with Star Trek but with other series as well.

He probably look like a raisin's raisin by now.

tenor.gif

I am intrigued and I hope they have the rest of the cast back. I would like to see an updated Miami Vice with original cast. I read Alf is coming back.

I don't think we need to have the entire cast back. That essentially would make it ST:TNG again. Unless that's what they want to do. Otherwise a few guest appearances would suffice. I'd certainly be curious if they'd take this opportunity to sort out what happened with Data in Star Trek Nemesis.

Stands to reason that everyone moved on by now. They took liberties with the tos films, but even there had Kirk as admiral pretty early on, and I think had to recruit Sulu from another assignment? 20+ years later, folks won't still all be serving together. Small cameos here and there? Sure. Would love to see Geordi, Quark, Worf, etc. in that capacity.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

​Since this will be on CBS All-Access, which I won't pay for, I don't really care.

Ladies and Gentlemen: I will not lie. I got pretty emotional with that awesome news. While I enjoy Discovery and look forward to more, I'd be lying if I did not say that this was the best thing I've heard all year. I know some are already being negative, but I do not care. I am pumped.

I've always felt that the final movie, Nemesis, was not very good and a poor send-off for our TNG crew, so the idea of at least Picard (& Co prob) coming back is awesome. I loved how heartfelt Patrick Stewart was with his announcement and story of how he first landed the role 31 years ago now.

He probably look like a raisin's raisin by now.

He looks 78 years young, Green

​Since this will be on CBS All-Access, which I won't pay for, I don't really care.

Honestly that's sad to hear. Star Trek is the one show I am willing to fork $8 bucks a month for. But respect your opinion.

Last edited:

I just hope they remember that TNG was not just about ships blowing up and people shooting at each other with laser guns, which is what Star Trek has been reduced to these days.

I agree with everyone that says the crew wouldn't be together all this time but I would like to see them show up to find out where their stories went. I don't want the crew together like nothing ever changed. And yes one of the big things would be if they would address Data's sacrifice and his subsequent replacement from nemesis.

Back