Asmus' The Fellowship of the Ring DISPLAY... is complete!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus' The Fellowship of the Ring... is complete!

20180718_161839.jpg

Rzeznikk that is thee best lotr set up EVER! love it man
Thanks! I have a few things I want to add to it though. Id like to get a Balins Tomb for Gimli to stand on instead of that rock base. I also want to make a base for Boromir and Merry. Also might look at a print of Middle Earth map to put as a back drop.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Posting this for Khai because its too great a shot not to be here:

It's great to finally complete the Fellowship of the Ring in my 1/6th scale collection. The movies are some of my favourites of all time, and Asmus Toys has done them justice in this series. Gimli has been a fantastic way for them to complete the core cast!

View attachment 420948

I'm going to need you guys to not post any more pics of the Fellowship. My wallet can't handle it. I've been able to resist, but seeing them all together...

Must be nice to have a complete collection....

As a SW fan I will never know!

Cheers!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Beautiful work Asmus...brings a tear to the eye. Never thought we'd see the day of a complete Fellowship. Thank you Asmus....now not to rest on your laurels, we now need, Arwen, Elrond, Old Bilbo, Galadriel, Lurtz, Theoden, Eomer, Wormtongue, Haldir, Sauron, Gollum/Smeagol, Faramir, Denathor and Treebeard (dreaming now I realise).

If I only had a Gollum...I'd feel my LOTR collection was complete...I know that's a huge undertaking, though, with the body. But if they can tackle Gimli, surely they can pull him off.

If I only had a Gollum...I'd feel my LOTR collection was complete...I know that's a huge undertaking, though, with the body. But if they can tackle Gimli, surely they can pull him off.
Absolutely! I'm still using the Neca 1/4. Whike it's out of scale it doesn't look too bad when he is posed all crouched up. Would still love an actual Asmus 1/6 one though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wonder if anyone has attempted to rescale the NECA. NOT advocating recasting and selling blah-blah-blah - just for personal use. I have the NECA, and it's FANTASTIC, but it's just too off scale for me. Beautifully done though.

Food for thought:

I think Asmus is the first 1/6th figure company that has actually completed a line that was promised. Tip of my hat to them for follow-thru and dedication.

:clap :clap :clap

Especially since there were so many out there that said Gimli was, for all intents and purposes, impossible to make. And they did it very, very well.

I do wish we'd get a redone Gandalf (I personally have a "complete Fellowship" with a repainted Sideshow one still, since I think it's still a better likeness), and Boromir and Sam could both stand some improvement. But overall, they look great as a group on the shelf.

Back