Weta balrog bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitana

Super Freak
Reaction score
This was revealed at sdcc. Same line as fell beast and smaug bust. Has light up that pulsates like real fire. Looks epic imo
e79638b8dae911ca80afe85e9eef0cc8.jpg
21e5980b217df28d4a0072be8c16f5c3.jpg
d44b52156b2e0deb8a56b6c64eaf3f5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see better pics, sold my SS one a long time ago and had planned on making that one light up, but it just wasn't quite good enough. This one should go well with my Smaug and Beast.

Damn is that gimmicky as hell, but I like it. May finally have a place to spend my Weta Bucks I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long will the electronics last is the big ?

What is Weta track record when it comes to light up features?

If they use good stuff it should last a long time, but hopefully is accessible in the event of failure. I can't think of any light ups they have ever done actually...

I might pass on this because of the light-up function. I have the Smaug bust (big fan) and love the Balrog. Honestly, how many times would you use a battery powered light-up? Add the risk of it breaking sooner or later.

Would just be worrying all the time of it still works instead of enjoying the statue. :(

I might pass on this because of the light-up function. I have the Smaug bust (big fan) and love the Balrog. Honestly, how many times would you use a battery powered light-up? Add the risk of it breaking sooner or later.

Would just be worrying all the time of it still works instead of enjoying the statue. :(

I never understand this thinking. Why have a thing if it might break? Nothing lasts forever, hopefully they make it user serviceable.

I never understand this thinking. Why have a thing if it might break? Nothing lasts forever, hopefully they make it user serviceable.

Well sorry. :)

Simply how I feel about it. Just ironic, if it was just a bust I would be all over it.

Well sorry. :)

Simply how I feel about it. Just ironic, if it was just a bust I would be all over it.

Don't be sorry, I just don't get the idea of not buying something because it can break. Worst case scenario is you get it fixed or don't bother and it's the same as if it never had the feature in the first place.

Definitely one of the most impressive light up features in a collectable, nice to see Weta pushing the envelope. Curious to see what pricing is on this and Treebeard.

I'd be scared to see the pricing on this. Weta charges a premium for these "bigger" pieces.

Back