Anime poll on SS website

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olvidadero

Chipmunk Robot on Ice
Reaction score
The current poll on SideshowToy.con asks for your favourite anime. I chose "Cowboy Bebop", one of the best animated series ever done.

Do you think this could mean Sideshow is planning on making products from an anime show? In that case, I'd love to have "Cowboy Bebop" stuff!

Alice Adrenochrome said:
From what they have on their list, these are my picks:
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Ninja Scroll
  • Akira
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Ghost in the Shell

I voted Full Metal Alchemist and my second choice would have been Neon Genesis Evangelion, followed by Ghost in the Shell, but I like most of the ones on the list!!!

Yes, there are lots of good choices there in that poll! And guess what? There are even more to choose from out there!!!!!

To be honest, I like Anime much more than Marvel, always have, always will. But Since SSC is an American company, It is more or less 'natural' that they concentrate on Marvel. But why Marvel, and not DC? Is that character/series related, or was it just easier to get the Marvel licences?

I view this Anime as just another thing that takes development time away from LotR. :monkey3

I'm not a huge anime fan, but there are a few I've really enjoyed...Especially Akira. And I'm lucky enough to own one of the limited edition Cowboy Bebop box sets. Great series!

I voted Ninja Scroll.
But there's too many choices in that poll that I'd love to have.
Cowboy Beebop
Vampire Hunter D
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll
And especially Akira
I'd love a 1:6 scale Kaneda figure on Bike!
If Sideshow is making Anime and Manga stuff, no statues please.

screamingmetal said:
I'd love a 1:6 scale Kaneda figure on Bike!
So would I! I have a, no, in fact I have two, MIB Bandai Kaneda & bike from 2004. They are not 1/6 scale (more 1/12 scale), and the Kaneda figure has almost no articulation at all. But the bike has some movable (and removable) parts. Very accurate representation of Kaneda's bike.
To give you an idea:
https://www.negatendo.net/kmc/en_us_toys.htm
screamingmetal said:
If Sideshow is making Anime and Manga stuff, no statues please.
I second that, but, with the high quality material Medicom is releasing, do you really think SSC can compete? I'd love them too (would probably make our collectors habits less expensive!) but, if SSC really tries to do something with Anime, PF is their strongest medium. But, will it sell? I don't know if I'm ready for Anime statues in the $300-$400 price range. I still have to concider the LotR and SW PF lines. Even if I'm not a completist in the LotR and SW PF lines, it is very likely that SSC manages to make a PF that I cannot resist, and will have to spend cash on.

Last edited:
p!tu said:
I love them alll!!!!!

Same here! I like them all! My favorite anime, however, is NOT listed on the list, but my top choice would be to Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist and then Ghost in the Shell.

I really hope sideshow starts to make some anime figures/statues! That would be plain awesome! :D

I'm a big fan of Elfen Lied.

I'd love to get Neu in her duds from the last episode with alternate short/long hair heads.

Nude Lucy with alternate restraint helmet is a must as well.

Back