so i just got this in the but

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RUMADMAN

Super Freak
Reaction score
Picture943.jpg

Picture942.jpg

Picture941.jpg

Picture940.jpg

Picture939.jpg

i purchased this from a hong kong eBay seller and i am having doubts. now a friend of mine says that his friend has the same numbered statue as i do. how do i go about finding out where this piece is an original or a knock off? help me out if you can. thanks in advance..

What's on the bottom of the base? Is it marked? Show us a photo of the bottom. Also, I would ask your friend to send you some pics. Or at the very least confirm the statue number again. I would think any collecctor would at least do that. Good luck man, I hope it is not true.

How much did you pay?

Good luck, man.

I dont understand what the problem is?

Polystoner said:
What's on the bottom of the base? Is it marked? Show us a photo of the bottom. Also, I would ask your friend to send you some pics. Or at the very least confirm the statue number again. I would think any collecctor would at least do that. Good luck man, I hope it is not true.

How much did you pay?

Good luck, man.

Picture944.jpg

i asked my friend to get me some pics of the other iron man staues # and box # as well. i paid 755.00 dlvd. thanks

If that is a knock off, then that is one fine knock off. I would still keep it :cool: My 2 cents :cool:

If it's heavy, it's polystone and not a knockoff. It would cost a fortune to get the paint perfect. Hell, if it's fake it looks just as good. Don't worry, your butt's safe. They could never copy that box. That would be expensive too.

Why don't you send it to me and I will further examine it :cool:

drop it off a 3 story building to crack it open, if it's polystone in the middle, youve got a real one :lol

i will contact sideshow with the sellers info in the morning. to see if he is a register dealer. hopefully they will give me some information.

Would be nice of him to paint IM correct without the error ss made. :)

Can you give me his adress? :monkey3

personally the number on the bottom is written with a thicker pen and different handwriting then Ive seen before.
but the only knock offs Ive heard of had no label at all on the bottom

Could be possible that this was an exchanged item from SS.

One of the two with the same number was/is broken and SS sent an IM for replacement with the same number.

This is a big problem in my opinion. Not that I know that yours is a knock off or anything but every few months there is a surge of these super rare items that suddenly become available from over there. These fakes, if they are fakes, devalue the originals. Very suspicious in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back