SDCC exclusive Aragorn or Legolas?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Entropy

Super Freak
Reaction score
What do you think the chances are for a 1/6th LOTR exclusive at SDCC this year?

The most likely to me seems a Fellowship version of Aragorn with Lothlorien cloak and knife maybe also Boromir's vambraces. Though, if they do make an Aragorn it would be $70 + shipping for non-attendees. :monkey4 The only other option I can think of would be Legolas with the Lothlorien bow, quiver, arrows and maybe Helm's Deep armor & sword. But I guess he couldn't come with the cloak as that was exclusive to the one already released?

Hmmmm.. Interesting. I hadn't even thought of a SDCC exclusive for the 1:6 LOTR line... I think you're right. If there is one, it'll be aragorn with Lothlorien cloak and vambraces.

I think I mentioned it before, but at ORC the production guys mentioned that when designing the first LotR 12" they did Aragorn and completed all his different outfits, sort of intending to release one killer figure. However the price point would have been over $250, so they decided to just to do the Ranger. So I can definitely see a Helm's Deep, Black Gates or Elessar as an SDCC exclusive.

But a SW figure variant is more likely...

I could see this and hope they do another Aragorn that comes with his freakin Elven Cloak. :)

I could see an SDCC Exclusive Aragorn without a doubt. With Cloak, Vambraces, Elven Knife. It seems almost a "no-brainer". I think we'll get an SDCC LOTR Excl and a SDCC SW Excl 1/6.

I would love for them to release a post Lothlorien pre Helms Deep Aragorn as the exclusive.

Just make sure they make about 4000 of them and make Boromir's vambraces removable. Include the Elven Knife and a Cloak along with maybe something else kind of cool and it would be a great figure.

I also wouldnt mind to get a ROTK version so we could get Anduril but I guess I can wait on that one.

Darklord Dave said:
I think I mentioned it before, but at ORC the production guys mentioned that when designing the first LotR 12" they did Aragorn and completed all his different outfits, sort of intending to release one killer figure. However the price point would have been over $250, so they decided to just to do the Ranger. So I can definitely see a Helm's Deep, Black Gates or Elessar as an SDCC exclusive.

Interesting. Was it the plan to have different outfits like *gasp* a Barbie doll? Has SS ever done that before - release a fig with another costume included? Would people really want to switch outfits and play dress up? I could definitely see a Helm's Deep Aragorn, but I think a Black Gates or Elessar would need different hair, clothing and weaponry and seems like too much new stuff for a SDCC exclusive.

My Aragorn is currently using Leggy's cloak as it doesn't seem right on him what with the Mirkwood bow and quiver, but he needs that pesky elven knife & scabbard!

Darklord Dave said:

This is the first time I heard they'd already done all of Aragorn's outfits! That is quite an amazing piece of news and it really does present some interesting possibilities. Considering how long we've all been waiting for a new LOTR 12" release, there may actually be a better chance SSC will surprise us with one at SDCC, even another version of Aragorn. Something like that would be most definitely welcome!

If they DO spring another Aragorn on us, I wonder if we can expect a new head sculpt, too. Any version of Aragorn would be great, but I'm personally leaning toward a Helm's Deep version this early on in the line. Gotta save the ROTK versions for later on, imo.

I don't really care if they release another SW 12" at SDCC or not, (unless it was Chewie or something else really amazing), the SW line has gotten a lot more attention than LOTR so far. We need some more LOTR love at SDCC!:D

jason2885 said:
I also wouldnt mind to get a ROTK version so we could get Anduril but I guess I can wait on that one.

I guarantee that there is a planned ROTK version with Anduril and the Gondorian Armor. If there were no other planned versions of Aragorn they'd at minimum provide a King Elessar....

Actually, the Aragorn head sculpt is quite good, certainly better than Legolas. I stripped the paint off mine last week and discovered a very nice Viggo likeness under the heavy beard and eye makeup. He just suffers from a lack luster paint app. which could be updated with a SDCC exclusive ala Anakin's lips. Maybe throw on a new hair piece and I'd be happy with SS using that sculpt for every Aragorn variation except Elessar of course.

The Aragorn sculpt is awesome!! The SS Blog showed that for sure. I expect a LOTR Excluisve at SDCC for some reason. Could just be a fools hope though.

Not too familiar with these SDCC exclusives as I don't have any SW figures. Is it possible for non-attendees to get them and if so what is the split (roughly) between numbers for attendees and for non-attendees? I'm planning on getting everything in this line so if I couldn't get one I'd be mightily displeased (to put it mildly).

Mudshark said:
If they DO spring another Aragorn on us, I wonder if we can expect a new head sculpt, too.

Headsculpt can stay, but please Sideshow, PLEASE, for the sake of those of us without customizing means or means of soliciting a custom, paint the head like it should be and let the nice sculpt work Mat did show, PLEASE!!!

Back