More GG edition sizes set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go with the ridiculously high edition sizes GG tends to set on their busts.

It's not ridiculously huge, even though anything above 2000 ES proved to be very troublesome in the SS/W line. (And at 3000 ES, even a masterpiece like Elendil has a hard time reaching its SRP on eBay.)

Anyway, I've bowed out of this line after GG messed with my retailers and didn't deliver their allotments of the Ringwraith bust. That one move, compounded by everything else this company has been doing recently, killed my long-term trust in them, nice and clean.

The product is still superb, but that's worthless without trust.

batman1180 said:
Here we go with the ridiculously high edition sizes GG tends to set on their busts.

I have no idea how you can say this is ridiculously high. The last couple were 2500-3000 so this is right on track. I really hope they keep it right around this size though. I could see a couple go up to 4000 but that should be the max ES for this line. I'm more terrified of the other end of the spectrum. I'm sure GG will pull some boneheaded ES's for exclusives.

3000 for Gandalf or Saruman is a nice ES

but for hobbits in armor with an ES of 3000 is difficult to understand

I mean, GG is making the ES of such popular characters like ringwraith and Aragorn at 2000, but announcing the ES of 2 minutes shown armored hobbits at 3000

even Aragorn can be bought for 50 $ at ebay easily,
so why the 3000 ES for hobbit warriors?

If I can get it easily with no fuss, then the edition size is just right. If there are lots still around after I get it - I don't really care...

gambit said:
3000 for Gandalf or Saruman is a nice ES

but for hobbits in armor with an ES of 3000 is difficult to understand

I mean, GG is making the ES of such popular characters like ringwraith and Aragorn at 2000, but announcing the ES of 2 minutes shown armored hobbits at 3000

even Aragorn can be bought for 50 $ at ebay easily,
so why the 3000 ES for hobbit warriors?
I agree. Of course I think Aragorn will go up in the next few months.

I would say they were in those costumes for a good 10 minutes in the extended edition :D but these two could have been 2000 no problem. I cant wait to get the entire Fellowship in this line.

They need the edition size a little higher so you can buy two and display one with the helmet and one without. :monkey1

lcummins said:
How much actual screen time did Sauron get? :monkey3

Lonnie, you are kidding with me right? :confused:

Saruman's dress is white ropes and so is his bust

The default dress of Hobbits is not Orc armor. Hence I don't understand -personally- the decision of making a orc armored hobbit bust at 3000 ES.

may be it is me only but I like the design of hobbit fabric, style, tailoring..etc. I really would be happy to buy standard hobbits in their own clothes.

gambit said:
Lonnie, you are kidding with me right? :confused:

Saruman's dress is white ropes and so is his bust

The default dress of Hobbits is not Orc armor. Hence I don't understand -personally- the decision of making a orc armored hobbit bust at 3000 ES.

may be it is me only but I like the design of hobbit fabric, style, tailoring..etc. I really would be happy to buy standard hobbits in their own clothes.

Sauron, not Saruman... I was just pointing out that one of the best Weta statues was of a figure that had very little screen time. The amount of time a character (or outfit) appears on screen shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not you like the look of the statue or bust... just my opinion. :peace

lcummins said:
Sauron, not Saruman... I was just pointing out that one of the best Weta statues was of a figure that had very little screen time. The amount of time a character (or outfit) appears on screen shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not you like the look of the statue or bust... just my opinion. :peace

did not see it was sauron :)
in this case: :peace

Um, they were on screen in the EE for quite a while.

yeah, 8 minutes in all over of 380 minutes of total extended version :rolleyes:

I will be buying the glorfindel bust(hopefully) and he is not even on screen but at least he is wearing his costume not some orc armor

PS: I already ordered the orcs -sorry hobbits in orc armor 1 month ago and I will be keeping them :D

I think the hobbits in Orc armor are the coolest of the busts so far. Those are the only Toybiz action figures I own from the line too.

gambit said:
did not see it was sauron :)
in this case: :peace

yeah, 8 minutes in all over of 380 minutes of total extended version :rolleyes:

I will be buying the glorfindel bust(hopefully) and he is not even on screen but at least he is wearing his costume not some orc armor

PS: I already ordered the orcs -sorry hobbits in orc armor 1 month ago and I will be keeping them :D

If I'm not mistaken, GG sets ES's based on pre-orders. You want to blame anyone, blame yourself for ordering :D (and me too because I ordered them right away as well)

Back