Help with pricing Marvel pieces please?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adoptedscot

You wish it, I dish it...
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all :wave

Hope you are all okay.
Well I've been out of the loop for a while and I'm not sure about current prices for Marvel pieces, although I do understand some have risen through the roof.However I do not know what prices to expect for most.

Im trying to rebuild the collection I once had which I had to sell for many reasons so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

The ones I would be interested in getting would be:-
SS Wolverine Vs Sabretoorth Exc
SS Xmen Vs Sentinel Diorama #1 Regular or Exc

and possibly...........
SS Hellboy 1/4 Scale PF

If anyone can help me with this I would be forever grateful.
Many thanks for your help
take care, have a great weekend.
Shell
x:D

Last edited:
That toytracker thing can not be accurate...they list the regular Doom PF at $690 and the exclusive at $325 :lol These might be what the pieces are only worth...but I think it would be almost impossible to get a lot of them for the prices that they have listed...many seem to be going for more than double or triple.

If you want a Hellboy PF...there is one on eBay now that is still under $250. The auction closes in about 3 days.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hellboy-Sidesh...egoryZ80QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

When I want to price something, I just go to ebay and look at the closed auctions for items I am interested in to get an idea of what they go for.

Hey Guys -

A quick note - The site is in the midst of a major revamp that I've spent months reworking internal program code for. I've also recently added many hundreds of new items to the database that can't go "live" with their tracking until the changes are finished. So - be sure to either check the "detailed view" (magnifying glass icon) page, or the pop-up box that appears when you hold the mouse over a value, to verify that auction data has been collected for that item. If no data has been collected, it will just show msrp.

If you find individual auctions missorted on the detail page, please click the little "!" icon (you'll need a free collection manager account) and you can make the edit yourself!

I think you'll find the items which are actually collecting data are generally quite accurate - as for the rest, I'm working hard to get up to speed. Enjoy! :cool:

spaceman said:
Hey Guys -

A quick note - The site is in the midst of a major revamp that I've spent months reworking internal program code for. I've also recently added many hundreds of new items to the database that can't go "live" with their tracking until the changes are finished. So - be sure to either check the "detailed view" (magnifying glass icon) page, or the pop-up box that appears when you hold the mouse over a value, to verify that auction data has been collected for that item. If no data has been collected, it will just show msrp.

If you find individual auctions missorted on the detail page, please click the little "!" icon (you'll need a free collection manager account) and you can make the edit yourself!

I think you'll find the items which are actually collecting data are generally quite accurate - as for the rest, I'm working hard to get up to speed. Enjoy! :cool:
:rock:rock:rock

Toytracker is awesome, just use it to look at past auctions right now. The average values listed on the main page are currently too low on almost all cases.

spaceman said:
Hey Guys -

Awesome site Spaceman!! One suggestion though, if ou haven't already done so, please add a Modern Horror section! I have some figures I'd like to price/sell and it'd be a great help.

Thanks!

The ill Jedi said:
Awesome site Spaceman!! One suggestion though, if ou haven't already done so, please add a Modern Horror section! I have some figures I'd like to price/sell and it'd be a great help.

Thanks!

I wouldn't mind seeing a Hellboy section. :)

Thanks Guys, appreciate it! :peace

Also - if you see the little icon arrow pointing up or down this is an indicator that the item in question IS currently collecting data. If the arrow is the horizontal blue, it *may* not yet be a "live" item. If you see a flaming arrow, especially a double arrow, either up or down, it means that recent prices are WAY above, or below, the long-term value.

If there is a specific figure you're interested in, I definitely recommend looking at the detail view page (magnifying glass icon), where you can find links to the actual auctions themselves, or read the title and subtitle, and make sure the numbers are legit.

I'm pretty frustrated with the current state of things myself, as far as getting tracking started for items released in the last 1/2 year or so. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and have gotten very distracted with system level improvements, so that the data has suffered in some cases. I'm finally getting close though, I hope.

I'll post a note somewhere around here once things have gotten back closer to where I like them. In the meantime, data for older figures continues to process several times daily, and should be fairly respectable in mose cases. You just need a little care interpreting the numbers, taking the arrows into account, and etc. The detail view is always your friend :D

Last edited:
Bannister said:
When I want to price something, I just go to ebay and look at the closed auctions for items I am interested in to get an idea of what they go for.

How...I haven't been able to look at closed auctions before. Never really took the time to try and figure it out.

Click on the left the area that says"completed auctions". It is an invaluable tool when buying or selling to get a feel for the market price. You have to be registered and signed in for this function to work.

Hi all, :wave

Thanks to everyone for all your input, this is a great help.

Thanks Jen, i'll keep an eye on that Hellboy.

Take care all
Shell
x:D

Back