On removable adhesives.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asgardianboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everybody.
I am planning on some mods that require gluing bits of metal to pleather. The go-to solution would be Superglue, but there is a chance that further down the lane I might want to reuse the metal bits and the pleather somewhere else, so being capable of undoing without leaving residues would be desirable.

I am completely new to customising, so I must ask: is there any kind of glue that, once dry, behaves like Superglue, but when heated up, softens up, parts can be detached, and any residue removed?

Thanks everybody!
Best,
m.

I use Aleene's Tacky glue... it dries fast and clear and has a strong hold; but you can also remove it fairly easily if needed. While you can unbond most things glued on with superglue you can't really get rid of the residue and I've had a number of items show a bit of white "ghosting" from the chemical interaction with the superglue. The only time I really use Superglue is if the hold has to be very strong and the spot where it's glued in place is hidden... like a head on a neck joint.

Back