Bandai SOC DX VF-1J Valkyrie 1/48!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
148V01.jpg
148V02.jpg
148V03.jpg
148V04.jpg
148V05.jpg

Looks to be the same size or slightly larger than the original Jetfire. Depending on what the price is, I'd be down for it as long as the others get made as well. I don't see why they wouldn't. Make a couple of different heads and then just change the paint. Viola! Good to go.

This is going to be a MUST BUY! I hope Bandai Tamashii one day releases that mammoth SDF-1 they showed a couple years back as well cause that would be too damn awesome.

I never realised how small a 1/60 VF-1 would be, given that my first figure was a 1/60 VF-0 which is maybe only a tiny bit smaller than this 1/48 scale piece.

But at 1/48 this VF-1 looks to be a decent size.

Looks to be the same size or slightly larger than the original Jetfire. Depending on what the price is, I'd be down for it as long as the others get made as well. I don't see why they wouldn't. Make a couple of different heads and then just change the paint. Viola! Good to go.

1/48 is definitely larger than the original Jetfire. Here is the original 1/48 Valkyrie beside the Valkyrie which was re-modeled as Jetfire. You can see the substantial size difference. Not a good pic, so you can't really see the substantial difference in detail...

IMG-20171020-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20170222-WA0006.jpg

You know they are gonna make Super Valkyrie and Armored Valkyrie later. Maybe even LED version.
It's Bandai. They will milk the mold out until it breaks. (and then they will bring out the copy and milk some more)

but I couldn't resist last night... :rotfl

You know they are gonna make Super Valkyrie and Armored Valkyrie later. Maybe even LED version.
It's Bandai. They will milk the mold out until it breaks. (and then they will bring out the copy and milk some more)

but I couldn't resist last night... :rotfl

Ah...good point. I'll wait a year and buy those likely variants in a year or so.

This pre-order sold out fast!!
I had one in my HLJ cart then poof, gone.
:slap

They just sell out of their initial allocations (whatever amount they decide to commit to) and usually get more if it sells well. These will most likely be distributed by Bluefin too here in North America. There will be plenty of these for everyone who wants one since they are mass produced. Even if you miss out this time around Bandai isn't going anywhere and has a track record of re-issuing things over and over again...:)

I might even just wait for the reviews before committing, but this will be hard to resist. I wonder if these will surpass the Yamato 1/48's? I never was truly happy with their delicate nature, lack of weight, and limited range of poseability. The design/engineering were always top notch and the details/proportions were always spot on though. While the old Bandai/Takatoku's were chunky and toyish they alyways had a satisfying heft/sturdiness to them and the plastic was nice and shiny (as opposed to the more matte/satin finish on the Yamato's). Hoping these new DX's are the best of both worlds...:pray:

Glad someone posted the scale for these as I was unsure...

Last edited:
They just sell out of their initial allocations (whatever amount they decide to commit to) and usually get more if it sells well. These will most likely be distributed by Bluefin too here in North America. There will be plenty of these for everyone who wants one since they are mass produced. Even if you miss out this time around Bandai isn't going anywhere and has a track record of re-issuing things over and over again...:)

I might even just wait for the reviews before committing, but this will be hard to resist. I wonder if these will surpass the Yamato 1/48's? I never was truly happy with their delicate nature, lack of weight, and limited range of poseability. The design/engineering were always top notch and the details/proportions were always spot on though. While the old Bandai/Takatoku's were chunky and toyish they alyways had a satisfying heft/sturdiness to them and the plastic was nice and shiny (as opposed to the more matte/satin finish on the Yamato's). Hoping these new DX's are the best of both worlds...:pray:

Glad someone posted the scale for these as I was unsure...

This will not be brought over by bluefin, even Bandai can't sell Macross goods in the US thanks to good old harmony Gold and their ownership of the robotech licence in North America. Which stops us from getting any Macross goodness and allows them to sell their toynami crap :( I don't have all the detail but it's been going on for years give it a google.

Yes you're right, I forgot about that nonsense. You corrected me before I could correct myself. :lol

These will need to be procured outside of the US because of their hold on anything related to Robotech here in the states. But rest assured these things will be made in the thousands and re-issued until the end of time...

I'm surprised that there aren't a lot of collectors on the forum who are into this, but I got mine, and it's awesome. Pardon the cellphone cam:

BandaiValk1.jpg
BandaiValk2.jpg
BandaiValk3.jpg
BandaiValk4.jpg
BandaiValk5.jpg
BandaiValk6.jpg
BandaiValk7.jpg

Beautiful, Sardo! I held off in hope of a VF-1S release, but my envy is strong haha.

Back