Neca - Golden Girls Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky1976

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just saw these Golden Girls figures by Neca, they're up for pre order at BBTS for $114.99. I have a question, now I don't want to sound disrespectful to other collectors and everyone has their own tastes of what they like, and that should be respected, but who the hell would want figures of the Golden Girls? Who's the collector audience interested in dropping $114.99 on these?

golden-girls.jpg

For what they are they actually look pretty good.

Agreed, but whos the collector audience for these? The only reason am asking is I see a lot of collectors mentioning all kinds of great pop culture characters from movies and television hoping for one day that their favorites will be made into figures or statues, and nothing ever happens, but for whatever reason someone at Neca decided that figures for the Golden Girls would be a hot seller, I just don't understand it, how many collectors want figures from the old tv show The Golden Girls?

This is from their Mego-ish line, so it isn't a big surprise. This type of figure isn't necessarily what a 1:12 or 1:16 collector is looking for. This are a little more "dolly" for lack of a better word. Although Mego's was heavy into monsters and superheros, they had their share of side figures ie. I Dream of Jeanie.

The show has a huge following, and rightfully so, it's hilarious. Last year or maybe 2 years ago Funko did a special limited 4 pack of the Golden Girls for their retro reaction line and they were huge sellers, with crazy after market prices. I'm sure Neca saw an opportunity there.

I think the head sculpts are amazing, but the clothing definitely needs to be fine tuned.

The show has a huge following, and rightfully so, it's hilarious. Last year or maybe 2 years ago Funko did a special limited 4 pack of the Golden Girls for their retro reaction line and they were huge sellers, with crazy after market prices. I'm sure Neca saw an opportunity there.

I think the head sculpts are amazing, but the clothing definitely needs to be fine tuned.

Thanks for educating on this license, I liked the show, but I had know idea there was any interest in collectibles from it, especially action figures.

Yeah the GG is very popular, just not with most mainstream collectors here.
I had to watch the show when I was a kid with my grandma and actually got into it, it was a well written and acted show.
I'm not interested in collectibles from it though.

Agreed, but whos the collector audience for these? The only reason am asking is I see a lot of collectors mentioning all kinds of great pop culture characters from movies and television hoping for one day that their favorites will be made into figures or statues, and nothing ever happens, but for whatever reason someone at Neca decided that figures for the Golden Girls would be a hot seller, I just don't understand it, how many collectors want figures from the old tv show The Golden Girls?

The show has a massive following.

I just saw these Golden Girls figures by Neca, they're up for pre order at BBTS for $114.99. I have a question, now I don't want to sound disrespectful to other collectors and everyone has their own tastes of what they like, and that should be respected, but who the hell would want figures of the Golden Girls? Who's the collector audience interested in dropping $114.99 on these?

View attachment 419016

Deadpool will be so happy to get his Bea Arthur fix.

I’m not gonna lie; I’m most likely buying these for the shear hilarity that they exist at all. I watched Golden Girls all the time with my mom and Grandma and consider it a classic.

Why wouldn’t you want them?

now to find some good, in-scale raptors...
888C2AD9-1615-4189-A25B-4A1814A47BB6.jpeg

The idea of a machine-gun weilding betty-white is awesome

If these were 1/6 yes because I stumbled upon this show while in HS and surprised how funny it was for the time.

Like margret cho said you have one sweet one (rose) one smart one (Dorothy) then there is the hoe (Blanche ) Sofia is just there for commentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Funko release from NYCC a few years ago is now one of the most sought after exclusives that company ever made. There is money to be made off this license bud!

Back