Statue Weta Frodo Arwen on Asfaloth statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
This was posted by nearmint on SF

Attachments

• weta.jpg
    weta.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 414
Last edited:
Same here. :hi5:

This my grail piece for LOTR. I may still do this trio in 1:6 figures, if Asmus obliges, but a statue captures a dynamic pose the best.

I will buy anything Arwen-related that they put out, so I get it, haha!

9cf0542990731e8d759e85a135afe88a.jpg

Between this and Thranduil on Elk I’m worried about my WETA Lara Croft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? People who have received their Arwen have no complaints. Thranduil was underwhelming sure, but what about the countless other Weta statues? You're going to worry over one underwhelming paint job?

Why? People who have received their Arwen have no complaints. Thranduil was underwhelming sure, but what about the countless other Weta statues? You're going to worry over one underwhelming paint job?

That Arwen looks like crap. Sorry. Between this and Thranduil that makes two underwhelming paint jobs. If these statues were like $200-400 like the DC Collectibles ones are I wouldn’t care, but Lara was expensive and I know this piece was too. Time will tell and I hope I’m wrong to be nervous.

That Arwen looks like crap. Sorry. Between this and Thranduil that makes two underwhelming paint jobs. If these statues were like $200-400 like the DC Collectibles ones are I wouldn’t care, but Lara was expensive and I know this piece was too. Time will tell and I hope I’m wrong to be nervous.

I agree with you. Those two statues got the same quality as DC Collectibles Wonder Woman on horseback statue. And that one's priced $350. Half the price.

I agree with you. Those two statues got the same quality as DC Collectibles Wonder Woman on horseback statue. And that one's priced $350. Half the price.

It’s funny because I made that same comparison elsewhere. Wonder Woman could be had for $215 or so on Amazon new. And it’s honestly one of my fav statues in my decent size collection...definitely my fav 1/6 piece. I wouldn’t have wanted to pay $700+ for it though.

IMO, WETA has had a humanoid face paint app issues for years. I just don't consider picking up those pieces anymore. Been much happier with their bad guy/creature/helmets/environments.

Well you guys are missing out. There's been nothing wrong with the human statues I have got like Isildur, Eomer, Eowyn, Faramir.... and as I say, no-one who actually owns the Arwen statue so far is unhappy with it. There's a debate going on at the shadow and flame forum about how hard the faces are to take photos of, but in person they look wonderful.

As for Wonder Woman, well you don't see Thranduil going for that much which shows people are still willing to pay around 700 for it.

It’s funny because I made that same comparison elsewhere. Wonder Woman could be had for $215 or so on Amazon new. And it’s honestly one of my fav statues in my decent size collection...definitely my fav 1/6 piece. I wouldn’t have wanted to pay $700+ for it though.

Yeah man. This Weta statues, the quality is the same as DC Collectibles, but the price is double. That's crazy. I don't feel like missing out at all. :)

Yeah man. This Weta statues, the quality is the same as DC Collectibles, but the price is double. That's crazy. I don't feel like missing out at all. :)

Everybody and their brother sells DC stuff though, Weta has their own market. If you wait for sales sometimes you can get the stuff much cheaper(plus factor in weta dollars)

Everybody and their brother sells DC stuff though, Weta has their own market. If you wait for sales sometimes you can get the stuff much cheaper(plus factor in weta dollars)

True, that's why I expected they made better effort for their market. I like LOTR myself, but for that price, I expected much better quality than DC Collectibles. Simple logic for me. I owned the WETA robo geisha statue, and for me, the pricing's ok because they made such effort on the robotic open face and the kimono. And the price's not too far from statues from other companies in the same scale. But this LOTR 1/6 statues, man.. for that price.. The quality is low, IMHO.

True, that's why I expected they made better effort for their market. I like LOTR myself, but for that price, I expected much better quality than DC Collectibles. Simple logic for me. I owned the WETA robo geisha statue, and for me, the pricing's ok because they made such effort on the robotic open face and the kimono. And the price's not too far from statues from other companies in the same scale. But this LOTR 1/6 statues, man.. for that price.. The quality is low, IMHO.

It can vary piece to piece just like any company. I don't really collect 1/6, but the pieces I have had were usually very well done. I mainly have the SS 1/4 pieces and Weta environments/props only.

It can vary piece to piece just like any company. I don't really collect 1/6, but the pieces I have had were usually very well done. I mainly have the SS 1/4 pieces and Weta environments/props only.

Agree with the bold line. It's just what Drivingdutchman said is very true.. both Arwen and Thranduil "riding statues" display mediocre quality, IMHO, for the price. It's the same quality with WW, with half the price. That's all. I also have Weta Galadriel (dol Guldur), and reading Arwen, and I think both of them got the proper pricing, with all the details on Galadriel's clothes, and reading Arwen's pretty cheap for that size and details.

It's like what's happening now in the Game of Thrones "Drogon" statue, which asks for ridiculous price compared to other product with similar scale and quality.

Agree with the bold line. It's just what Drivingdutchman said is very true.. both Arwen and Thranduil "riding statues" display mediocre quality, IMHO, for the price. It's the same quality with WW, with half the price. That's all. I also have Weta Galadriel (dol Guldur), and reading Arwen, and I think both of them got the proper pricing, with all the details on Galadriel's clothes, and reading Arwen's pretty cheap for that size and details.

It's like what's happening now in the Game of Thrones "Drogon" statue, which asks for ridiculous price compared to other product with similar scale and quality.

Yes, that price for the dragon caught me off guard a bit as well.

$1500. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wonder how many of them they sell.

Back