Sturdy Glass Display Cabinets for heavy figurines ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddy

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello,

With the Saitama HQS from Tsume arriving next year, I've been thinking of upgrading my display case. Saitama will be 60cm (24" tall) and weigh 35 lbs. I also own a D.VA Statue from Blizzard Overwatch (20", 30lbs).

I own an Ikea Detolf, like most hobbyists, and these big figs won't fit inside. In fact, even the Reaper Statue from Blizzard doesn't fit inside, it's slightly too large.

I've been looking for the past months here and there for basically a "bigger Detolf" that can handle these loads but haven't found so far. It's daunting on me so I searched really hard and found nothing on internet. The only solution I found was to go to a professionnal glass display make who makes cabinets for professionnals, shops, conventions, etc.

The price for something that will meet my demand is about $800-$1500 from what I've seen, if you decide to get aluminum structure or not.

Has anyone got any experience in this matter ? Any help will be gladly appreciated.

Back