Life-size Alien Big Chap HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pics from SDCC 2018.

rVncdig.jpg

LemIYEW.jpg

irLINmy.jpg

U2vmkwk.jpg

They released a molded from the prop lifesize years back with the bust. This looks like a Magee Alien version to me

this does look like a Magee Alien, but I don't believe he does private statue commissions anymore. Unless he is making them, it will prolly turn out like the crappy Warrior they did. Their track record is awful with these.

They released a molded from the prop lifesize years back with the bust. This looks like a Magee Alien version to me

SPOT ON! I'll agree with that.

The head is way off AGAIN!
They are using the same stupid pointed dome as the previous one, also what's with all the ribbing around the bottom and front of the dome, that should be inside the dome edge so it cannot be seen.

You would think with perfect examples like the coolprops head they would have at least copied it or something.

This is how the head should look!

Untitled-1.jpg

37488301_675319189502237_3822848784128278528_n.jpg

The head is way off AGAIN!

I didn't want to be negative in the opening post, but this was the first thing that struck me. I think this is better than their 1:1 warrior, but that isn't difficult. The details on this sadly leave a lot to be desired. Still, I have no doubt that its sheer size will make it an impressive statue for those with the space and money, but even if I did, this one isn't for me.

The head has issues but the entire body type is wrong, it doesn't capture the look of the creature cos they've gone for the standard body proportions not the longer leg body type. Then they've posed it lifelessly.

I didn't want to be negative in the opening post, but this was the first thing that struck me. I think this is better than their 1:1 warrior, but that isn't difficult. The details on this sadly leave a lot to be desired. Still, I have no doubt that it';s seer size will make it an impressive statue for those with the space and money, but even if I did, this one isn't for me.

Agree, i really hate to say negative things but it's out of sheer frustration as been waiting years for a correct lifesize to come along and when it does it's wrong again!

I honestly love the body & pose BUT it's that HEAD again, arghhhh!

In a video they said it's a prototype and production is 1 - 2 years away so perhaps they will make some changes to it....hopefully :pray:.

Get the head right and i'll most likely order if price is not silly.

However.....It's growing on me, it's growing on me, lol :)

I feel this piece is better viewed from a side angle, it looks far better in that orientation.

Hmmmmm, me liking more and more :clap.

Looks boss to me but leave it to you prissy "experts" and your collection of jpegs to start the sky falling again...lol

Guess wanting the statue to be the best it can be is too much to ask eh? Just settle for mediocrity.

Guess wanting the statue to be the best it can be is too much to ask eh? Just settle for mediocrity.

That is a fair quote, there's really no excuse for getting the Big Chap head wrong these days, not with so many other great examples around. Fingers crossed over the next year to two they think again and resolve the head.

I really do like this piece, something i've been waiting for, come on HCG please do something with that head!

Looks boss to me but leave it to you prissy "experts" and your collection of jpegs to start the sky falling again...lol

If you like it as is, that's cool. And fans who are more interested in the details, and expect better from statues that cost thousands of dollars pointing out inaccuracies should not affect your opinion. Plus, if their critiques are heard and alterations are made, everybody wins. It makes us happy, and improves a piece you already liked anyway. Win win...

If you like it as is, that's cool. And fans who are more interested in the details, and expect better from statues that cost thousands of dollars pointing out inaccuracies should not affect your opinion. Plus, if their critiques are heard and alterations are made, everybody wins. It makes us happy, and improves a piece you already liked anyway. Win win...

I sent HCG some detailed photo's of Giger's original and some comments about the innaccuracies, this was the reply (cut & pasted) :

I forwarded your feedback and photos on to the owners and they said they will look at addressing the inaccuracy before we launch it. Thanks.

Hopefully happy days ahead!!
If it's right i'll order!

Cool, hopefully they can lengthen the limbs, pose it better and adjust the head. I want this to be awesome because I want it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back