Premium Format Chronicle Collectibles 1:4 Alan Grant from Jurassic Park

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raveleijn

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, so exited for this line!

1pciu9.jpg

The sculpt doesn't look that great, especially for 1/4.

No point getting hyped. This time next year it still won't be out. Chronicle are rock bottom next to Star Ace and Threezero right now and rightfully so.

No point getting hyped. This time next year it still won't be out. Chronicle are rock bottom next to Star Ace and Threezero right now and rightfully so.

Thats a bit rough I think, a lot of there JP stuff sells out. Those life size Raptor busts were epic in detail. However I don't think quarter scale plays to there strengths. They should stick to dino's and prop replicas.

Thats a bit rough I think, a lot of there JP stuff sells out. Those life size Raptor busts were epic in detail. However I don't think quarter scale plays to there strengths. They should stick to dino's and prop replicas.

Well as far as licensing goes I think that's a fair assessment. Iron studios and prime 1 are basically dominating JP, so it makes sense they would "distribute" those pieces for them. I mean one of their big reveals was a 1/4 David Bowie from Labyrinth. :lol I just want to see a wider variety of products from them.

Well as far as licensing goes I think that's a fair assessment. Iron studios and prime 1 are basically dominating JP, so it makes sense they would "distribute" those pieces for them. I mean one of their big reveals was a 1/4 David Bowie from Labyrinth. :lol I just want to see a wider variety of products from them.

From what I have seen so far don't care for this Grant piece, but to say that is a joke. Claiming companies that haven't released a SINGLE JP piece to be "dominating" JP?:slap

SDCC-2018-Chronicle-Booth-019.jpg

SDCC-2018-Chronicle-Booth-020.jpg

SDCC-2018-Chronicle-Booth-021.jpg

37080931_280876042474079_7683140723775897600_n.jpg

Wanted a 1:4 Grant statue since forever, i need this.
Plus i actually see Neill in the sculpt..

I still feel like the sculpt could be a lot better, especially considering how spot on their David Bowie is.

From what I have seen so far don't care for this Grant piece, but to say that is a joke. Claiming companies that haven't released a SINGLE JP piece to be "dominating" JP?:slap

To say what is a joke? Every single one of prime 1's JP pieces look better than Chronicles. Their production is always on point too. But Prime 1 may be the best statue company in the business. I guess if you're into labyrinth then you'd be super stoked at what was shown at comic-con, however I doubt the majority of people care and most want to see new things from them.

Every single one of prime 1's JP pieces look better than Chronicles.

No, they don't actually, Blue from CC is better and CC already has a ton of stuff out P1 won't be doing. P1 has a good track record for production, but they haven't even shipped a single production piece yet and CC has already been making good JP stuff for a while now. To say P1 is "dominating" already is pure BS, but I guess that is just par for the course.

I was waiting to see the countersample of Blue and it looks fantastic.Looks indeed better than the P1 version imho.
Placed my order for CC's Baby Blue.

Last edited:
No, they don't actually, Blue from CC is better and CC already has a ton of stuff out P1 won't be doing. P1 has a good track record for production, but they haven't even shipped a single production piece yet and CC has already been making good JP stuff for a while now. To say P1 is "dominating" already is pure BS, but I guess that is just par for the course.

Yes, they do actually. The patterns on the skin and eye details look more accurate on primes version, where as Chronicles looks a bit too vibrant. Prime 1 is dominating, and their production pieces almost always look just as good as the prototype, the same can't be said about CC.

Yes, they do actually. The patterns on the skin and eye details look more accurate on primes version, where as Chronicles looks a bit too vibrant. Prime 1 is dominating, and their production pieces almost always look just as good as the prototype, the same can't be said about CC.

Chronicle already tweaked theirs and it looks better now, plus it isn't plastic, but you go ahead believe whatever you want to believe.

Yes, they do actually. The patterns on the skin and eye details look more accurate on primes version, where as Chronicles looks a bit too vibrant.
Well..

37313127_423340308170783_4677802564593385472_n.jpg

SDCC-2018-Chronicle-Booth-013.jpg

Nah.
It's the ILM model, Bayona bought one, and at SDCC Glen McIntosh from ILM said it's the best baby Blue.

But yeah, Prime 1 is incredible, i'm going to buy every single piece they'll produce from the first movie and maybe even the others, and their 1/6 Blue is miles ahead CC 1/9 one.

Prime 1 is dominating, and their production pieces almost always look just as good as the prototype, the same can't be said about CC.
In some cases though CC production pieces are much better than prototypes, like with the Raptor busts.

Back