Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Futurion

Super Freak
Reaction score
1125x682_previewbanner_903722_AquamanFig.jpg

Same sculpt as JL version. Yellow color might add on shelf presence. I do not hate it at all.

Right now I prefer the JL version. Looking forward to seeing Mera if she really is there.

Do they reveal everything today or hold some stuff back for tomorrow?

Def the same kind of fugly rubber body they've used for Asylum Bats.

The dolly players will definitely not be happy about that. I on the other hand love it.

What are the chances Hot Toys put 2 Aquaman figures up for pre-order before the movie opens?

Liking this a lot actually. I actually have high hopes for this movie. My pre-order is pending until I see the film because DC has let me down too many times recently. If it’s good I’m likely in though.

I do hope he's able to hold his arms closer to his sides than in these pics!

I do hope he's able to hold his arms closer to his sides than in these pics!

Probably not. I have Arkham City Batman and the arms stick out like that. I guess hot toys does it that way to give it a more action figure look.

I am sure they will update the sculpt to match the movie. But then again, they are using the same sculpt for JL superman. But I am going to jump on this guy.

Probably not. I have Arkham City Batman and the arms stick out like that. I guess hot toys does it that way to give it a more action figure look.

I have that figure to. The way the arms stick out always bugs me.

I don't see Mera alongside him there. Wonder if that means we won't see her or might they add her later.

I have that figure to. The way the arms stick out always bugs me.

I don't see Mera alongside him there. Wonder if that means we won't see her or might they add her later.

Yeah was hoping to see Mera... hope the rumors she's getting a figure are true and they just don't have anything to show yet

headsculpt will get updated but still no rush on this one. if the JL one doesn't do well (personally prefer the color scheme on that one) then who knows if even this gets made.

headsculpt will get updated but still no rush on this one. if the JL one doesn't do well (personally prefer the color scheme on that one) then who knows if even this gets made.

We hope! But then we thought the BvS sculpt on the JL Superman would just be a placeholder to.

Another half ass DC product from HT and it appears that terrible sculpt is staying.

Other recent half ass products:
Justice League WW - Same sculpt as training - yeah yeah but i'm sick of all the re-use. It's boring.
Batman Begins 1/4 - This one is a real stinker for the money. Pretty sure it was half developed many years ago and put on the shelf only to be released years later half developed. Missing PERS, Grumpy face, 2nd pair of gauntlets without the cutaway, preferably gloss (seriously, Spider-man got a 2nd set because of a tiny hole), mangler accessory.

Glorified statue, Suit color is wrong, Crappy cape once again, meh Wayne sculpt, Stand literally ruins figure.

But my real issue is - they refuse to give us a Pfeiffer cat/Romero Joker (been patient long enough it's 2018 and i'm another year closer to death), but instead give us this hipster garbage that means nothing to me. For those that like the hipster stuff, they won't even finish your line. *cough Cyborg cough

I feel better now

Looks like ass. I bet that’s about as far down as his arms can go, since the suit looks the same as their Arkham City Batman from a few years back which had the same exact problem. Still has the ugly JL head that doesn’t look like Momoa too.

Last edited:
Back