Hot Toys ESB FETT tips tricks and other cool mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulcarson

Disenchanted
Reaction score
To save having to trawl for tips and recommended upgrades / poses etc .

If you have anything that you'd like to contribute - share away !

I have plans to bring my spare HT Bespin Luke stand out of retirement for this figure. I also have a set of Sideshow ESB Fett hands to swap out . There is a particular hand with pointed index finger that will be useful as well as the clenched fist for resting the blaster barrel on.

Those who have the figure in hand fire away - we'd love to see detailed breakdowns !

Some reference pictures to get us started...

Boba_Fett.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-09.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Hallway-06.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Hallway-01.jpg

So far the only thing I’ve done is to heat shrink he cable from the gauntlet. EAA4B6DE-C667-4CF5-947C-CC2A8CF35DD6.jpg

And so it begins- Awesome ! :) I had a similar idea in mind , I was going to check the dimension of the stock tubing before buying some. I was going to paint cross hatching on the stock tubing and put the heatshrink tubing over it. This will hopefully give it a braided hose type look.

Thank you for sharing !

Do you think that it is possible to put thin piece of wire into the Wookiee braids to enable them to be shaped ? I fear they may be too light to hang the way I'd like.

One thing I've seen in various stills is that the lowest edge of the helmet nearly always touches the back of the neck. This slight movement will help to sell realism in the poses we set the figure in.

Yes you can see it on the one picture where the Cloud city guards are pushing carbonite Han.
Boba sort of hangs his head above his torso, with a "mob" touch to him, as if he was always watching, and alert. I guess it is intentional, contributed by the actor and/or the people in charge of Boba's design and look.
That's how you give charisma to a character beyond its bare look, until it becomes iconic.

Same applies to Bib Fortuna: man, that actor guy, buried under so much stuff, managed to deliver a performance (supported by the script/dialogs/voice effects, of course) that was expressive as hell and made the character memorable in what... 60 seconds of relevant screen time?.

m.

One thing I've seen in various stills is that the lowest edge of the helmet nearly always touches the back of the neck. This slight movement will help to sell realism in the poses we set the figure in.

How easy would it be to make the base light up? I'm thinking of having 3 side by side for Fett Vader and a Stormtrooper.

Just messing around with my extra parts for fit and height, etc. I want to improve on the proportions of the ESB Fett and make a nice prepro fett. I’m not sure what the underlying body is on Fett (I won’t have him for awhile yet), but this body (HT TrueType) is modified with an old enterbay chest, and sideshow/hot toys clone trooper arms. Switching out the shins, back and forth to gauge what height I’m going with. You could use a hot slim chest as well...just something to bring in the shoulder width a bit.
7dfceab6e6ca885285a434c5eef3dc0b.jpg
4ee08123f76254f5e212f8e4db6f82a9.jpg
e72e88021077b9f0b5ead5d4bf1d8547.jpg
98393e639100e0bf4b13e2888a822f9d.jpg
e919154382325ffb41fadfee967d2685.jpg
ce83b0b87bd704055574d049ca248ef2.jpg
2e38eff08dd9fdcad673d8646fd0d631.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back