Statue Question for UK collectors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lashley

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this, but didn't know where else to post this.

UK statue collectors, where do you buy your statues from? If it's straight from sideshow, I was just wondering how much I can expect the postage and customs to be?

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this, but didn't know where else to post this.

UK statue collectors, where do you buy your statues from? If it's straight from sideshow, I was just wondering how much I can expect the postage and customs to be?

I received my huntress yesterday. Postage was £103 and customs fees were £31. The 100 quid postage made me sick as I got the batman modern age a couple years ago and that was around 50 pounds and a bigger box.

But the customs taxes for huntress were thankfully a lot less than I've paid before so I'm not complaining now.

I prefer to buy on eBay from this country or Europe to avoid customs fees but the deals are few and far between. I had to go with sideshow for huntress as I couldn't find any in all this time in the UK/ Europe and with the replacement cape.

The prices feom sideshow are going up and up, but if I want an EX piece I'll just bite the bullet as I'm not guaranteed to get it any cheaper on the after market.

There are some sites like collectibles direct and movie figures, both have good customer service but sometimes you'll be waiting a while for the pieces to be imported and the price isn't always right so I prefer to bite the bullet and get from sideshow more often, as at least I receive it within 3 days - which is pretty good seeing as it's coming from overseas

Hope that helps some

I also vote for Collectibles Direct as the best UK based supplier. Occasionally cheaper to order direct from Sideshow though, depending on the piece. Also if you want the ex thats the only way to go.

Yeah Cdirect are prob the best although sometimes a little slow on getting stock. They usually are very well priced.
Another decent uk stockist I used recently is Retroandcollectables. They ship fast and usually have discount codes floating about. I'm pretty sure there is one for 10% off your first order which I used on the 66 batman pf recently.

If I cannot get what I want from the uk, a couple of good stockists in europe are toysheroes.com ( Italy ) and figurine-collector.fr ( france )
Both are well priced and pretty cheap on shipping.

I received my huntress yesterday. Postage was £103 and customs fees were £31. The 100 quid postage made me sick as I got the batman modern age a couple years ago and that was around 50 pounds and a bigger box.

But the customs taxes for huntress were thankfully a lot less than I've paid before so I'm not complaining now.

I prefer to buy on eBay from this country or Europe to avoid customs fees but the deals are few and far between. I had to go with sideshow for huntress as I couldn't find any in all this time in the UK/ Europe and with the replacement cape.

The prices feom sideshow are going up and up, but if I want an EX piece I'll just bite the bullet as I'm not guaranteed to get it any cheaper on the after market.

There are some sites like collectibles direct and movie figures, both have good customer service but sometimes you'll be waiting a while for the pieces to be imported and the price isn't always right so I prefer to bite the bullet and get from sideshow more often, as at least I receive it within 3 days - which is pretty good seeing as it's coming from overseas

Hope that helps some

Haven't received anything for over a year but expecting something soon.

Did you get charged 5% V.A.T instead of the 20% they've been hitting us with for several years?

CDUK used to be a great place to buy non exclusive pieces but they seem to be more expensive than buying direct recently.
Buy direct, get the Ex and receive it around 6 months sooner.

Haven't received anything for over a year but expecting something soon.

Did you get charged 5% V.A.T instead of the 20% they've been hitting us with for several years?

CDUK used to be a great place to buy non exclusive pieces but they seem to be more expensive than buying direct recently.
Buy direct, get the Ex and receive it around 6 months sooner.

You mean on the customs fees? I've no idea as I didn't actually get an invoice, just a text/email to request I pay.

And I agree with you that sideshow is often cheaper and you get the items sooner anyway

Edit: but that is the case for any place

Hi.

Great post.
I’m from Ireland. It’s the same. I can’t really buy from sideshow directly anymore as the shipping and customs is an absolute joke. So pricey. I’d love to and would buy the new wolverine pf as would love the ex but it’ll cost too much to get in hand.
My way is to wait and see if one goes on eBay Europe otherwise I won’t buy.
Good to see the sites above mentioned by others. I’ll check them out.

Custom fees in Ireland are higher than the Uk it now seems. Any other Irish collectors confirm this?

Back