QMx 1:6 Q &A - We want your questions!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Although you have Nanjin and I here, the CEO of QMx is interested in hearing your questions and giving you answers to whatever you want to know about QMx 1:6. Post your questions here and we will give you the answers, as much as we can - hopefully during Comic-Con.

Although I'm hoping for more TOS Star Trek this year, I'm interested to know if there are any plans to produce anything to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Motion Picture next year? It's over a year away but that's nothing in the 1/6 world. I'd love to see an Ilia probe.

Can you confirm that Sam Winchester from Supernatural is still definitely happening?

Is the Firefly line effectively dead at this point, as many have long suspected?

Has the idea of Justified figures been dropped, or is Raylan (at the very least) still planned for eventual release?

As the current Star Trek show, are there any plans for Discovery figures?

Will we finally see Scotty or Sulu released this year?

Answers to any of those would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

What's happened with the Star Trek line? Its been 2 (I think its two) years since we've been shown figures such as Scottie, Sulu, etc. We've seen teases of many more. We've had 4 figures and one chair in about a years time with lots of updates and teases of said figures leading up to their release, but now it's been 6 months since the last release and basically radio silence. If the line is still active why the change in communication and why the long delay in releases? Will there be a new figure before the end of the year?

I know the original plan was to do preorders of figures very close in time to when they would be available, but I know many collectors would be willing to do a longer preorder to availability window if it meant more figures actually being produced. (Firefly, Star Trek in particular). Would Qmx be inclined to this?

No questions about the quality so far? Mmm... I'll be the first then.
I was very disappointed in two last figures I've got - Dean and Picard.

_

Other than the suit, Dean is a pretty bad figure for the price. Why was the headsculpt so plainly painted and why his accesories look like something I'd expect from a 2005 Sideshow figure that costed $50?

Picard is a disaster. The suit is bulky and looks awful when you pose the figure. The body is not suited for the character, the head is too big while the neck is too short. All of that feels really odd considering how solid TOS figures were. So, what went wrong?

Any chance of using slimmer bodies for some figures, particularly the Trek ones? The bodies for Spock and McCoy were way too buff and broad-shouldered for those actors, and I'm sure will appear just as wrong for Sulu, Checkov and many others.

Unfortunately the slim body you used for Picard was too short for him and kind of threw off his proportions.

Everything I wanted to ask has been asked, but here goes:

Firefly - yes or no?
Star Trek -TOS - the rest of the crew?
Who else besides Inigo for Princess Bride?
Any chance at getting the more iconic characters from the other Star Trek spin-offs?

Should I just sell my Mal and forget about ever getting any more Firefly figures?

What's happened with the Firefly figures?

Is the Firefly line effectively dead at this point, as many have long suspected?

Firefly - yes or no?

this is exactly what I want to know. I need to know if the whole crew will be made b/c otherwise I'm fine with just Mal. I don't want 2 or 3 figures then the rest never happen.

Some of us missed TOS Kirk but purchased a Captain's Chair in hopes of further Kirk figures. Anything soon? Green wrap around tunic Kirk?

Last edited:
Not 1/6...But PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER BAD ROBOT!!! Drop the slusho, so not to hurt the previous edition, or give him a lolipop or ice-cream, but PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER!!!!
Pweeeety Pweeeeease :)

Back